Account Manager - The Home Depot
Charlotte, North Carolina
Position is responsible for interfacing with The Home Depot, Manufacturing locations, Accounting/Finance, and internal EMA teams to develop selling strategies to drive incremental business for respective product line(s) while maintaining target profitability levels and volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategic product line-ups with detailed feature specifications coordinated with Product
- Manager and Product Line Manager that reflects the EMA brand marketing strategy.
- Create pricing strategy for annual product line-ups that maintain EMA profit contribution.
- Develop promotional plans with EMA Merchandising team to maximize return to EMA/THD.
- Work collaboratively with Home Depot on product development where applicable.
- Develop presentations both internal and customer focused that communicate our ideas and positions in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Track performance of assigned product line(s) against specific financial and volume objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating forecast/order status for assigned product line(s).
- Monitor quality level for product category and monitor improvement plans with manufacturing facility.
- Track Account Receivables status for assigned lines.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained on items including, but not limited to, pricing, VSI, CTS, and item set-up.
- Responsible for all forecasting of assigned product line(s) including volume, promotional spend and transition cost.
- Maintain and communicate all pertinent industry analysis data.
- Creation and updating of additional reporting for sales and Home Depot
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Business Administration
- 2-5 years sales or sales operations experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Solid financial analysis aptitude
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Good basic knowledge of product development processes, advertising, marketing and sales
- Proven competency in MS Office Applications, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking