Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible to provide financial, administrative and clerical services along with managing and collecting receivables to maximize company cash flow while maintaining favorable DSO and minimizing bad debt.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform accounts receivable duties with strong attention to customer service while maintaining strong working relationships with external and internal customers to help improve collections as well as minimize Electrolux exposure on unpaid receivables
- Review and manage aging report for account base. Identify any reason for non-payment and develop plans with customer and/or Team Lead on how to resolve.
- Attend weekly aging review meeting with Team Lead and provide updated statuses and comments on all past dues accounts/invoices
- Review orders on credit hold throughout the day and work thru all issues to ensure prudent and timely release of orders within assigned authority. Maintain close and consistent communication with AR Manager, Credit and Sales Department on any issues preventing release of orders.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Create and process credits and adjustments as needed
- Professionally handle all customer and sales requests via telephone, instant messenger and e-mail in a timely manner
- Assist with Month End Close as needed
- Be involved with or lead special projects as time or capabilities allow.
- Enthusiasm and involvement in improving business processes
- Ability to make good presentations, analyze report, and respond to accounting issues
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to stay focus on tasks, particularly while battling with meeting up with deadlines
- 1 year of hands-on experience in Collections or Account Receivable
- Bachelor Degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of A/R policies and practices
- Intermediate and/or advanced Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative
- Able to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative