Advance Development Manager Air Care
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooling, heating and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Advanced Development Manager Air Care – Stockholm, Sweden
Electrolux has been in the process of growing Home Comfort business globally over the last five years. Already market leader in US and Brazil in this area and very powerful on sales in South East Asia and also Middle East. To date, sales have been mainly generated from a shorter term business model, with design and manufacturing outsourced. Further growth of this business requires longer term technology and product planning.
In that sense, the role and responsibilities of Advanced Development is to bring more innovative technologies and products to the market on time in order to keep momentum on growth of our business.
The Global organization takes full advantage of Electrolux to reach global collaboration across R&D.
In this role you will lead a team of engineers with the major task to advance design and technology integration for next generation/breakthrough products in the global air conditioning market. You will work in an international and multicultural environment in a cross-functional team and have the opportunity to grow in this environment.
The exciting thing is that you will be responsible for the complete chain of Advanced development process from idea generation to solution.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
• Define the strategic portfolio of future project areas within the given consumer opportunity areas.
• Develop networks with internal and external partners and Universities to increase the efficiency through open innovation concepts.
• Develop the function to include concept development for functionality and features.
• Development of innovative ideas based on consumer needs addressed by the global Product Line opportunity areas.
• Feasibility studies of new technologies.
• Manage the advanced development TRM and portfolio ensuring that consumer insight is the driving factor of all innovation projects.
• Lead and/or participate in Concept Development projects.
• Track and report competitor possible future technology activities.
• Evaluate possible patent applications to protect property of innovative ideas.
• Plan, conducts and supervise projects within Air Care.
• Working in the implementation of the technical solutions with our suppliers together with our R&D team in China.
• Track and report potential future technologies relevant for Air Care(Air Conditioner, Air Purifier, etc).
• Develop technical solutions of a project to include initial scoping, design concept generation, functional.
• Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
• Lead collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
• International. You are used to a global environment with colleagues all over the world.
• Great listener and communicator. You will join a truly global team and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
• Proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• Creative. You like to explore new ways of thinking and you are oriented towards innovation.
• Team work oriented. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility, valuing and leading team work approach.
• Mentoring others. You enjoy helping others grow, always keen to share your knowledge and hear out other perspectives.
EDUACTION AND EXPERIENCE
We are not looking for perfection, and ideally we would like you to be covering several of the points below.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering is required; preferred M.Sc./PhD in the field of refrigeration/thermodynamics .
• 5 -10 years of experience in Air-conditioning R&D with focus on systems development, control systems and air purification .
• 10+ years experience with refrigeration systems, design, control systems, development & heat exchanger application/design Technical competencies is preferred.
• Application of Thermodynamic Principles (e.g., HVAC Engineering and Design, perform load/energy modeling calculations and load programs, Process Heating and Cooling, etc.).
• Practices in refrigeration systems, heat exchangers, mechanism & material selection.
• Proficient with new project development activities; design concept generation and decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.
• Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
• Understanding the competitive landscape (product offerings and IP) and use the information to develop value added and differentiated products.
• Ability to take system designs from theory to manufacturing or lab environment in a "hands on" build/test approach.
• Usage of CAD programmer and CAE tools (Thermal Analysis, ANSYS, Fluent, Heat Exchanger simulation programme).
• Strong experience on competitor analysis through benchmark activities.
• Ability to run Statistical, DOE, optimization and quality tools.
• Experienced on Global Standard, regulations and product liability related with RAC.
Dedicated Talent Acquisition Partner - Julia Sciuto