Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op
Anderson, South Carolina
Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Architecture Co-Op students will be assigned construction or mechanical projects by their group manager. They will work closely with a senior manufacturing engineer as a member of one of several design and/or project management groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design and production of manufacturing equipment and processes for high volume and automated manufacturing facility
- Plans, develops and coordinates execution of design and fabrication of manufacturing equipment and production tests; analyze test data and determines whether functional and performance specifications have been met
- Perform troubleshooting analyses of manufacturing equipment and process performance issues and suggest improvements
- Demonstrate and improve project management skills, including management of project schedules, understanding the manufacturing engineer's role in entire production process.
- Hands-on exposure to manufacturing and constructions processes.
- Participation in Co-Op manufacturing project(s).
- Change and check engineering drawings, bills-of-materials, test specifications, and other engineering documentation.
- Work closely with engineers, lab and drafting technicians, engineering managers, and engineering support staff to carry out assigned projects.
- Exposure to Production Planning; entire manufacturing engineering process from concept to production
- Responsibilities will increase with each successive term
- Candidates must have the ability to work full time during their rotation and part-time between rotations (15-25 hours part-time, 3 rotations). We will have a flexible work schedule during times that a student is not in a formal rotation.
- Local students with reliable transportation required.
- A minimum of a first semester sophomore in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electrical engineering and/or architecture is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Willingness to develop new skills.
- Strong computer skills- Microsoft office products experience required, proficiency in 2D and 3D modeling programs preferred.
- Minimum of a 2.0 GPA.