Advanced Purchasing Agent
Purchasing & Sourcing
Anderson, South Carolina
Location: Anderson, SC
The Advanced Purchasing Agent is responsible to quote, analyze and estimate cost of all purchased components included into the BOM to achieve target cost on direct material and STK3 for new model units and prepare and present Make vs Buy analysis to the sourcing board about sourcing opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quote new Model components
-Provide direct material cost for new models
-Estimate freight cost of local, domestic and overseas components.
-Collaborate with Product Care, Engineering and Finance to calculate Labor, FOV/ FOH and STK3 cost
-Provided unit cost to sales and Marketing for new models development
-Work with Engineering to define investment required for new projects.
- Make vs buy analysis
-Analyze opportunities to make assemblies in house vs outsource product
-Facilitate weekly project review meetings
-Reports, charts and graphs from project information
- Project Management
-Quote new projects components
-Define supplier for new projects components
-Manage supplier business transition
-PPAPs or new parts approval
-New business allocation
- Other duties as assigned including:
-Complete and distribute weekly reports for Corporate
-Complete RFQ packages
-Negotiate Payment terms and supplier contracts
- B.A./B.S. Degree required (Engineering degree preferred)
- Minimum of three years of experience within purchasing and project management experience
- Project management, cost modeling and analytics skills
- Fluent in English
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strategic and tactical; able to see big picture and implications of tactics.
- Superior interpersonal skills and effective in developing and motivating teams to achieve top performance.
- Ability to capture voice of employee to design a superior work environment leading to superior levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated success in customer service, service support, and best practices.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience and work ethic.
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking. Strong initiative and pro-active mindset
- Possess strong decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated customer obsession resulting in the ability to meet and exceed consumer needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Successfully navigates through ambiguity and change
- Bilingual capabilities a plus
- Career ambitious
- Exceptional level of integrity and judgment