APAC Talent Manager
A Typical day at work:
The Talent Manager has the leadership responsibility to drive effective implementation of the overall APAC strategy for the talent management processes, including Performance Management, Talent Management, Employee Engagement, Recruitment, Leadership and Learning & Development. This position supports and integrates the company’s vision and strategies into the integrated talent management efforts. The Talent Manager ensures alignment and integration of these responsibilities and processes with the APAC business, regional and functional strategies and goals.
• Oversee all core HR talent processes for APAC including Talent Review, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Performance Management processes, driving a high performance work culture and supporting critical development and training initiatives, balancing overall functional capability needs with client specific needs.
• Ensure that we deliver on our strategy by having dynamic and business integrated talent, performance and employee engagement processes and tools successfully implemented and applied
• To run a dynamic talent process including participation in talent reviews as well as running regular calls on vacancies and talent moves, assessing potential and ensuring strong succession pipelines and capability development
• Drive and support the performance process to become a value added process for each employee including focus on continues learning and development.
• Develop and drive our Employee Engagement initiatives in the region, such as providing business support by engaging with leaders and teams on defining actions to move forward
• As expert-advisor in talent-related strategies, provides overall direction and collaborates with key stakeholders to design and implement core talent management processes to drive near- and long-term business performance.
• Work with Sector VP, HR & OD & VP of Group Talent Management to develop and execute company’s talent management strategy.
• Partner with business leaders and HR business partners within and across businesses/functions to drive successful Talent Reviews, assess talent and leadership needs and create succession and development plans for key talent.
• Oversee and ensure recruiting/talent acquisition activities are aligned with talent strategy and meeting business needs through a strong recruitment organization and well established practices
• Identify organizational competency gaps and develop strategies to improve organizational effectiveness.
• To be part of the global team that ensures that we have up-to-date and best-in-class processes, tools methodologies and practices developed to ensure business success.
• Actively align with global resources to ensure client alignment related to shared priorities and deliverables.
• Oversee development, coordination and facilitation of training and leadership development programs.
• Seek opportunities to link talent management processes with other key HR processes including leadership and pivotal talent development – i.e. mentoring, coaching, 360 feedback, recognition, etc.
• Lead all aspects of the company’s performance management and ensure alignment with the strategic planning, business and financial requirements.
• Design and or implement a variety of approaches for executive leader & high potential leadership development, solutions and services including a range of experiences, exposure opportunities and formal education.
• Ensure alignment of all training and development solutions to the needs of the business.
• Identify and implement best practices through benchmarking, networking, and industry knowledge.
• A solid track of experience in a talent management, OD, leadership development role;
• Good understanding of how business strategies drive talent initiatives;
• Strong business acumen, understanding how the business agenda drives people imperatives and future organizational needs
• Knowledge of best practices within the OD/TM community and the ability to tailor, adapt and evolve such practices
• Significant breadth of knowledge on commonly used talent management training concepts, practices, and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal skills; engages and builds effective relationships across the organization
• Ability to travel internationally;
• High levels of resourcefulness, influence/organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation)
• Knowledge of best practices regarding development, succession planning, talent identification, performance management, and executive recruiting strategies.
• Ability to balance the strategic with the practical with strong implementation and drive for execution.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and presentation skills, in addition to strategic and tactical communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Proven skills working across country borders with the proper understanding and respect for cultural differences
• Demonstrated experience working successfully in a matrix environment where achieving buy-in through relationship building and influence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work at all levels of the organization.
• Unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards.
• Sound judgement and decision making.
• Proven success in leading change initiatives.
• Action oriented with a focus on results.
• The courage and diplomacy to say no to initiatives or ideas that fall outside of the parameters of the corporate values.
• Sound business judgment and a demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute global and sector/regional objectives
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).