Appliance Service Technician - Oakland, CA
Consumer & Customer Care
This position is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer experience in after-sales in-home service. The service technician will drive a service vehicle in order to complete an assigned route of consumers who have appliances in need of repair. Visiting the consumer’s home, diagnosing and repairing while documenting the activities are the primary daily activities of the Service Technician. The Service Technician will represent Electrolux in the most professional and proficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and repairs in consumer’s homes or other locations as needed.
- Resolve all problems related to appliance performance on behalf of Electrolux consumers.
- Drive a service vehicle through an assigned route to multiple repair locations.
- Record all activities via computer system or designated process related to repairs, daily routes, and other activities.
- Achieve performance standards for productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of parts on assigned vehicle, minimizing cost through proficient inventory control.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Wear designated uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with Electrolux values.
- Maintain a dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Certification in appliance repair or AAS degree preferred
- EPA or CFC Certification Preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the appliance industry
- Must provide verifiable, stable work history
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to diagnose and repair major appliances
- Strong team orientation
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and other service information.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Passion to serve consumer as well as shareholders of EMA.
- Demonstrate empathy for consumer’s needs and requirements
- Able to drive a service vehicle through a daily route to consumer’s home.
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills