Assistant Manager/Tax Manager
You will be part of regional tax team responsible for all aspects of Tax function with focus on all aspects of Direct and Indirect taxes and Transfer pricing. Knowledge of customs is desirable but not essential. You would be interacting with all legal entities operating in the region with added focus on transfer pricing matters for South East Asian countries, management of tax audits and related advisory. Furthermore this role will partner with the Corporate Tax and Treasury team at Regional and Head office level.
Ideally, the candidate is expected to:
- Have technical understanding and practical application of the tax laws and regulations of APAC region (with added focus on SEA) covering direct & indirect taxes and transfer pricing.
- Have experience on cross-border taxation as well as various business modelling structuring in APAC
- Have hand’s on experience in conducting and/or facilitating Transfer pricing studies & associated reporting
- Have experience in dealing with the tax authorities and have a successful track record in managing tax audits
To be eligible for this role, apart from successful candidate possessing professional/post graduate accounting qualification with specialisation in taxes, the candidate should have
- 6-8 years’ experience with big 4 consulting background.
- Candidates with a combination of big 4 and multinational company experience will be preferred.
- Candidate should possess strong knowledge of regulatory and operational environment governing APAC tax framework.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with
- Good command of English & Mandarin/ other Asian language(s).
- Self-driven and highly motivated to succeed,
- Result-oriented and comfortable with working in a small team.
- Proficiency in IT skills is necessary.