Big Data DevOPS Engineer
Are you passionate about helping to architect, design, implement, build, and deploy code in an environment that challenges preconceived ideas? Does solving complex business problems and real world challenges interest you? Do you thrive in a dynamic intrapreneur environment that constantly pushes you to be the best you can be and more?
If you want to be part of a supportive and innovative environment, come join our growing team. See what Electrolux can do for your career and your journey. Our product uses components built in R, Python, Scala, C++ and Node.JS but we are constantly evolving.
As a DevOps Engineer you will build, deploy and maintain our cloud environment for analytics / OR maintain storage infrastructure and analytical clusters in a cloud environment. Azure is being evaluated currently but could also be AWS or IBM cloud. The maintenance includes configuring and tuning of services like Kafka as message bus and ingestion system, spark as machine learning platform and execution framework, yarn for resource management, Cassandra, MongoDB and Elastic search for NoSQL queries, Hive on Tez and HBASE for other data access. The work will also include working with Electrolux cloud operations team to manage the different services around analytical clusters for linage, security, backup, monitoring, authentication and more. You will also assist in the complex tooling for development, code versioning, build process, bug tracking and unit testing.
• Automation is in your blood, and thorough familiarity with Unix scripting, Puppet, Chef and other languages are a critical survival skill.
• Experience in software engineering eco systems.
• Your experience helps you learn and adapt to new technologies and changing situations quickly.
• As part of a cross-functional agile team, you advise on the hidden operations and automation tasks buried in our backlog. When any team ships code, you are already trying to spot potential performance issues and planning tests.
• You bridge software development and systems management, and with strong communication skills, you are not scared to roll up your sleeves and help debug a development issue in the corporate IDE.
• As a development team member, key technologies include Visual Studio including team foundation server, Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, and Git experience building out and scaling in cloud environments is a must.
• Experience with configuration and maintenance of common mentioned open source systems like Spark, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka, Hbase,
• Experience with one or more of the primary Hadoop distributions and/or HDInsights from Microsoft.
• 3+ years’ experience with UNIX-like operating systems; installation and patch administration in an Internet services environment.
• Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef, etc.)
• Working experience with Bash, Python +1 other scripting language
• Proven ability to automate common administration tasks.
• Bachelors of Science or related technical degree in Computer Science, Information Science.
• Experience working with distributed technologies and web server farms.
• Strong ability to document standards, methods and produce drawings of environments.
Dedicated recruiter: Justyna Wasilewska