Business and Market Analyst
Charlotte, North Carolina
Electrolux is looking for a Business and Market Analyst that will be responsible for providing analytics to the merchandising team as well as the greater organization. The Analyst is expected to develop an expert-level understanding of the retail marketplace, EMA retail sales, competitive models and promotional patterns, trends, and insights. The Analyst will assist in managing outside vendors, creating tracking reports for promotional activities and optimizing pricing strategies. The analyst position is a critical role in our decision making process with sales, product line and marketing stakeholders to assist in meeting the objectives of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify patterns and relations across different sources of information and synthesize these into relevant and actionable insights regarding past performance and future business scenarios
- Lead the development and implementation of the industry (AHAM, Traqline, etc) and competitive data base for ease of use in tracking and analyzing across the organization.
- Maintain and improve the Electrolux retail sales data base for quality assurance, automated reporting and for deeper dive analysis.
- Provide analytical support to maximize merchandising mix, analyze promotions, evaluating retail performance and making recommendations.
- Evaluate and communicate findings of demographics, prices, product attributes, distribution channels, brands as well as Electrolux retail and shipment sales.
- Develop industry and competitor visual dashboards to communicate relevant near term findings.
- Collaborate with sales, product lines and marketing teams to develop meaningful BI and merchandising materials to support sales channel and PRM line reviews.
- Develop solutions to business problems to advance company initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to optimize and enhance integration of BMI resources and tools.
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations.
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred.
- Degree in business, economics and statistics a plus.
- 1+ years of data analysis/ finance / engineering experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify, translate and communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills, including a proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Analytical experience and proven competency in MS Office Applications and tools such as SAS office analytics, SAS VA and Qlikview.