Business Unit Manager Stamping
Manage the human and technical resources of one or more manufacturing areas all shifts, optimizing quality, costs, productivity, delivery, and achievement of operative goals in order to achieve continuous improvements. Direct the activities of the Production, Maintenance and tooling Leaders, organize and coordinate activities between operational and administrative areas related to Production in order to assure consistent support across functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for establishment of efficient, reliable and profitable manufacturing processes throughout the manufacturing areas under his/her responsibility.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead, overtime and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and quality, while reducing cost and scrap.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards and continuous improvement processes.
- Maximize capacity utilization using techniques such as EMS tools.
- Leads execution of changes addressed by ECN’s (Engineering Change Notifications), as well as NPI’s (New products introduction).
- Support execution of Mold Transition to maintain an optimal plant utilization.
- Record, monitor and analyze consistently KPI’s to assure results by identifying opportunity areas.
- Manages the activities of the, Production Supervisors and their respective staff and leads the area in the consistent application of discipline, people and processes control.
- Coordinates the required support from the different areas as maintenance, product care, industrial engineering, quality, materials, FG warehouse, human resources, etc.
- Responsible for attainment of operational, quality and functional goals as defined by the plant management, including execution of ISO 9001 and 14001standards and EMS tools.
- Develop and train the personnel in the operational areas, to assure the adequate supply of capable personnel, utilizing the policies established by H.R.
- Assure consistent application of EH&S rules, CT-PAT and BASC standards.
- Apply a proactive focus in the formal communication exercises established by the company (Daily
- Production, Weekly DFP meetings, etc. in order to obtain a dynamic response to the constant changes in the market.
- Responsable de la implementación y ejecución de controles operacionales y/o procedimientos aplicables del Sistema de Gestión Ambiental.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of operational controls and / or applicable procedures of the Environmental Management System.
- The activities to be carried out include the following environmental information, indicated but not limited to: Knowledge and understanding of the environmental policy of the plant, which must follow and promote, including established environmental goals as well as knowledge and identification of environmental aspects and impacts of activities in its area or process, the approach to continuous improvement , maintaining the required operational controls, proper handling, identification and segregation of chemical materials and waste.
- BS Degree in Engineering related field (Electrical, mechanical or industrial) with knowledge of manufacturing, quality and continuous improvement processes
- 10 years experience leading manufacturing and production control processes
- Experience in leading and communicating with diverse work groups to include engineers, production scheduling and controls, maintenance and manufacturing associates.
- Thorough understanding of capacity analysis and manufacturing cost administration.
- Experience in manufacturing processes to include metal fabrication, plastic extrusion, light electronic assembly and packaging strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Spanish and English (written and oral)
- Strong conflict management
- The position is full time, based in Mexico (preferable in Juarez but other locations might work as well) and will require frequent travel to US
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to Administrate human and technical resources
- Skill of Communication in different levels
- Ability of Problem analysis and decision making
- Skill of Team building
- Ability to Work under pressure
- Capability to handling different tasks at the same time
- Ability of Planning and organization
- Knowledge of plastics molding process
- Knowledge in environmental management systems ISO14001 (environmental aspects, operational controls and objectives and environmental programs)