Buyer Indirect Material
Purchasing & Sourcing
Local Purchasing Buyer
• Responsible for the IM purchasing activity for the assigned components/services
• Ensure execution and support in build up of purchasing strategies
• Ensure maximum collaboration with the Commodity and implement the action plans within the cluster and factory
• Ensure execution of the sourcing activities and relevant information.
• Ensure proper administration
• Ensure that decisions happen in the best interest of Electrolux and get executed
Key Operational responsibilities:
• Topic list below are to be considered as a large but not entirely complete description of the reponsibilities.
• Apply in the plant common methodologies established
- Respect procedures and ensure discipline in execution
- Suggest initiatives to improve admininstrative correctness.
• Keep a good relationship with the Commodity organisation and the Central Purchasing
- Maintain good collaboration with the other IM Plant Purchasing organisations.
- Support a professional transfer / exchange of information.
• Maintain a professional working relationship with Marketing, Sales, Quality, Operations, R&D in the Factory and cluster
- Exchange information with key person.
- Participate in events relevant to the cluster or Suppliers
• Contribute to the development of Purchasing team.
- Provide leadership to purchasing activities in the plant and inside cluster
- Ensure respect for agreements and procedure at all times
- Support team building
Strategic and operational activities:
• Implement Advanced Purchasing activities linked to new projects/products
• Support and implement all relevant commodity strategies :
- Comply with the 20 steps procedure.
- Create and maintain Purchase orders and correct data in system
- Support supplier relationship and supplier performance evaluation
- Support and collaborate in budgets building.
- Suggest and execute in cost saving improvement activities.
- Manage relationship with suppliers in accordance with commodity directives
- Consolidate suppliers to get maximum economies of scale and quality.
• For each commodity work to achieve the targets and develop activities to reach and exceed them.
- Financial targets e.g. savings, payment terms, commercial contracting to be considered
- Special projects.
• Drive a proper, up-to-date administration
- Price index management.
- Purchase order management.
- Maintain accurate tools inventory / factory assets and documentation
- Create and follow up list on tool orders and location of the tools.
- Follow up of corrective actions.
- Manage non-conformities of invoicing in cooperation with central administration
• Participate in negotiation of beneficial contracts for Electrolux
- Be an information sharing point for the organization.
- Participate in RFQs activities
- Involve all stakeholders prior to making a decision.
• Ensure compliance with Electrolux procedures on :
- Delegation of Authority
- Electrolux and Purchasing policies.
• Business or technical degree (preferred at university level) or
• Purchasing professional qualification
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in engineering, operations, Marketing, sales, supply chain,…
• Experience with program management.
• Experience as Team player/Team leader
• Stress resistant.
• Result driven and action oriented.
• Good negotiating skills.
• Ability to think and operate on an operational level.
• Confidence and ability to interface with senior management, internally and externally.
• Fluent in German and English, any other European language is an asset