Central Material Planner
Quality is everything when it comes to creating iconic brands that people love. But that’s not the only thing that makes this a vital role. Ensuring components are where we need them, at the right time, is essential to efficient operations and ultimately creating great customer experiences.
Central material planner is responsible for supporting Egypt Inbound Supply Chain Head and Supply Chain Managers with history analysis and operation’s updates which will form the basis of discussions and decision making with Supply Planning and Purchasing teams.
A typical day at work
In your role as a Central Material Planner you will be a key part of the supply chain team, you’ll ensure the right components are in the right place at the right time, preparing MRP & issue PO’s to optimize inventory availability and Optimize the stock level ensuring sustainable operation process.
· Run MRP System Daily and manage the output reports and actions.
· Manage and issue Production/Purchase orders through daily check of production plan and delivery status.
· Evaluates the Performance of the assigned Commodity by calculating the turnover ratio and availability of materials and days of supplies and Coverage.
· Access and work on the Global systems in additional to Local system to check the stocks with Europe Factories to share the surplus or ask for support in case of shortage.
· Monthly Component stock 3D Analysis in order to Control the NOWC.
· Manage Items Parameter and Attributes on system.
· Monthly Safety stock reanalysis to define the best safety stock for Owned ANCs
· Manage the Phase in/out plans for Components & RM in order to ensure 100% depletion for Components and zero obsolesce stocks with smooth introduction to new items.
· Manage non-compliant deliveries: in agreement with Quality- Manufacturing- Supplier, report non conformity material with all needed information to manage failure and arrange for replacement of the defective material/ component to maintain healthy feeding to the plant operations.
· Suppliers Follow up and Well Control and Manage on Stocks in transit.
· To follow supplier physical delivery according to site production requirement. Fully understand industrial difficulties, to build action plan with suppliers in case of delivery risk.
· Calculate the Supplier Capacity Available rolling 12 month plan.
· Frequently Suppliers Visit for more alignments and Develop performance (Local / Foreign).
· Weekly Progress report about the Stock update 12 Week ahead (Coverage Visibility).
Who you are
· Collaborative – You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
· Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
· Communicative – Whether face-to-face or on the phone you can rely information and listen to understand and deal with suppliers capabilities and performance.
· A problem-solver - You see challenge as opportunity.
· Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
Education & experience
· Bachelor degree in business, logistics or engineering
· Broad and solid experience (2-4 years) in material management functions as: MRP, logistics, purchasing.
· Experience in ERP systems
· Very good English proficiency
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.