Purchasing & Sourcing
Charlotte, North Carolina
The Commodity Manager will be responsible to establish a commodity strategy and a globally competitive supply base. Through the use of EMA’s Purchasing Process. The Commodity Manager will drive activities that deliver on assigned end to end supply base simplification and productivity goals as well as process KPIs. In addition to delivering on necessary goals, the Commodity Manager will act as a central point of contact for assigned suppliers. The responsibilities will include new business awards, business shifts, general communication/account management, coordinating and driving supplier cross qualification, development and execution of regional and global negotiations, end to end supply base simplification, and supplier accountability (measured to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must demonstrate extensive industry, sourcing knowledge (both foreign and domestic)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong supplier relationships with extensive negotiation skills
- Establish cross-functional teams to develop, plan and execute a commodity strategy that ensures a competitive landscape, sustainable supply, and globally competitive pricing
- Document and drive the supplier strategy to support qualification of new parts/materials and cross qualify new supply sources
- Generate initiatives and projects to deliver on the required productivity targets
- Establish strategic competitive supply chains based on total cost of ownership with consideration of globally competitive cost structures.
- Ensure EMA launches new materials and components that are consistently priced with materials and components that are in production (consistent conversion costs, raw material costs, etc.)
- Standardize the cost structure EMA pays for materials and components across the Enterprise by ensuring the materials and components are globally competitive
- Provide indirect leadership to the site purchasing and cost-out engineering teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of the strategy
- Conduct supplier accountability meetings by evaluating them with respect to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets
- Manage project timelines and values to support the overall cost-out goals for the purchasing organization
- Responsible and accountable for achievement of targets as defined by management and KPI’s
- Develop/Facilitate relationships with suppliers the marketplace to understand and stay abreast of industry changes which may impact various business management programs as it relates to
pricing / technical trends
- Support day to day Material, Quality and AP activities
- Managing spend at multiple factory locationsSupport Advanced Purchasing on new product launches as required
- On-going evaluation of component costs vs. changes in the market (component costs, design changes, supply base footprint changes, etc.)Lead weekly connectivity calls with purchasing agents at all EMA-NA manufacturing facilities to drive cost-outs, supplier initiatives, pricing updates, Supply Chain simplification, and alignment with the strategy
- Support Advanced Purchasing on new product launches as required
- Ability to understand, communicate and enforce Electrolux Home Products policy as it pertains to
supplier and internal issues.
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing/procurement or supporting commodities within an manufacturing environment
- Bachelor Degree required. Degree in in Engineering or Business is highly desirable.
- Foreign language -Spanish highly desirable and Mandarin is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated command of complex sourcing, negotiating, and commodity strategies
- Evidence of excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- 20% travel is required