Consumer Insights Director, APAC
Lead the development of high quality and cost effective consumer insights and data for APAC teams to; create winning innovations, strong EHP brand positioning and communication, drive smart and innovative business decisions which gain competitive advantage and support remarkable pre, at and post purchase consumer experiences.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
Understanding and Evaluation
• Identify EHP’s consumers and shoppers, their purchasing behaviours, online and offline
• Provide qualitative and quantitative insights, with supporting data which identifies and analyses micro and macro trends
• Consumer advocacy – provide “voice of the consumer & shopper” insights to assist with product development and commercial program development and other marketing collateral
• Identify market opportunities and predict future trends using available intelligence from EHP’s CRM data, online/offline data, studies, other internal and external sources.
Strategic Planning & Innovation
• Lead the development of the APAC Marketing Strategy, in collaboration with Marketing and Product Functional Leaders;
• Translate consumer segmentation into superior Brand architecture
• Provide intuitive input for all Brand value propositions and launches
• Influence Product Strategy to align with insights driving 3-5 Y Innovation Plans
• Drive innovation through leveraging insights from strategy to launch to execution and post launch.
• Formulate research briefs, which support and align with business needs. Manage activities within the set Research budget
• Select agencies and effectively manage projects to ensure on time delivery of value adding high quality data and results, in line with brief
• Continuously measure the effectiveness of initiatives and implement learnings
Digital and Data Analytics
• Collaborate with the digital and technology/data teams to create and evaluate data from various platforms (CRM, Social, Websites) to develop insights that inform the core strategic direction for brands, e.g., personalisation, life time value modelling, predictive modelling.
• Collaborate cross-functionally and across APAC; sharing insights, learnings, recommendations and best practice on a regular basis (as agreed) and on an ad-hoc basis when opportunities to leverage arise
• Actively represent consumer & brand insights within the Regional business and leverage strong relationships within the Global CI community.
• Actively participate in team planning sessions, reviews, workshops to share and ensure understanding of consumer insights and their application to Strategy and Operational Plans
• Provide ongoing measurement, analytics and reporting which demonstrates Return on Investment
• Lead the ongoing development of employee capability to; identify, interpret / analyse and apply insights opportunities and learnings
• At least 10 years broad research experience, ideally with research agency or client
• University degree in Marketing, Business or Psychology or Sociology
• Excellent understanding & application of consumer research methodologies - Qualitative and Quantitative research methodologies including digital analytics
• Experience with concept development, testing evaluation, product clinics and go to market communication
• Sound computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Desirable – statistical programmes such SPSS
• Translation of research data into actionable sales & marketing insights
• Application of Consumer and Shopper Insights to address business issues
• Effective leadership, influencing and collaboration
• Solid commercial acumen and analysis
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership & big picture strategic thinking
• Ability to multi-task and work to tight timeframes
• Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Project management and post evaluation
• Excellent facilitation skills – comfortable leading internal workshops and planning sessions
• Frequent travel to Singapore/Bangkok to support APAC team