Contract Manager Ocean Freight North America
Purchasing & Sourcing
Charlotte, North Carolina
Global Logistics is the Electrolux group function responsible for all global procurement of freight, including all ocean freight (FCL and LCL), air cargo services, air courier services, and ground courier services used in the Electrolux Group, whether domestic, cross-border, intra- or inter-continental.
Ocean contracting covers freight and auxiliary services related to the transportation of goods in ocean containers, whether wholly or partly utilized.
In addition to procurement activities, both in the form of annual tenders, as well as ongoing day-to-day procurement, Global Logistics works closely with local service users across the Electrolux Group on operational issues, space allocation, booking, tracking, and freight payment activities, across all freight modes. As the only party empowered to negotiate ocean- air- and courier services for the Electrolux Group, Global Logistics' mission is to obtain the lowest possible net rates, and innovative solutions leveraging our global volumes that will deliver reliable shipping ability in both peak- and slack seasons, while preserving the Group's reputation as a responsible, reliable and sustainability-focused global shipper with whom global logistics service providers want to work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Collect information about ocean freight transport requirements from all Electrolux entities.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with carriers and freight forwarders.
- Tender/negotiate/manage agreements for freight and related services.
- Support Electrolux entities within North America at strategic and operational level on a daily basis
- Manage space allocation, procurement and other operational issues.
- Maintain and develop tender system and other information tools.
- Proactively drive efforts for constant process improvements and cost savings in logistics flows related to container transportation.
- Follow market development for threats and opportunities.
- Support sustainability projects related to global shipping.
- Recommendation of budget assumptions.
Consulting & Support
- Support development of global sourcing and distribution.
- Support Electrolux users with systems services (tendering, integration, report generation, operational optimization) related to global logistics.
- Shipping or forwarding background – min. 3 years.
- Experience from either carrier, forwarder or ocean freight procurement/operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of container shipping, both operationally and commercially
- In-depth knowledge of freight tendering and management systems used by Electrolux, particularly GT Nexus
- All-round understanding of Electrolux’s business requirements.
- Ability to provide support to colleagues to keep business running at all times.
- Ability to look beyond daily issues and drive strategic and/or long-term developments.
- Financial and business acumen
- Familiarity with transport management systems, ideally GT Nexus and/or OTM.
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Access
- Natural inclination to share information with colleagues.
- Skilled at coaching new team members and colleagues with less knowledge about container shipping.
- Able to support Electrolux entities within the geographical scope of responsibility (the United States, Canada and Mexico) with a high degree of flexibility in respect of time zones and the frequent urgency of the work