Core Technologies Engineer - Metal stamping – Latin America
Sao Carlos, Brazil
Ensure the implementation of best in class, standardized and optimized solutions for the industrialization of metal stamped components for household appliances, with high attention to product Quality and manufacturing Cost. Areas of competence: metal stamping tooling, metal forming automatic lines, metal
stamping presses and related automation.
As part of the Global Common Core Technologies Team, this is a position with transversal responsibilities, offering to the candidate the possibility of gaining experience across the different factories of Electrolux Latin America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the regional reference person for the industrialization of metal components, with the role of Project Leader;
- Participation in manufacturing engineering projects within Electrolux Plant;
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of New Products in the area of metal stamped and metal including safety and environmental requirements, according to Global Manufacturing Engineering guidelines;
- Perform Business Case Analysis and Investment Requests;
- Be the interface with toolmakers and technical purchasing (CAPEX) during the complete acquisition and development process of new tooling and equipment;
- Prepare required documentation for supplier tender and formed parts, identifying part criticalities, and interpreting results of manufacturability simulations;
- Critical review of product drawings;
- Verify feasibility of the requirements in terms of part geometry, tolerances and aesthetical appearance;
- Perform cost calculations for the production of metal parts;
- Analyse productive capacity of metal stamping and metal forming lines inside the factories and identify areas for efficiency improvement;
- Prepare technical specifications for tooling and metal forming equipment, Sourcing Board decision;
- Perform design reviews of new tools and equipment with suppliers to ensure that the requirements of the technical specifications are met (in terms of performance, dimensions and tolerances, quality, safety and environment);
- Plan and perform acceptance tests of new machines and tools at the supplier and at the final manufacturing destination (Electrolux plant or external stamping shop);
- Supervise tooling and equipment installation in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Propose technological innovations in the field of competence.
- Preferred: Engineering degree in Mechanical or Production Engineerin
- At least 5 years of experience in metal fabrication processes (metal stamping tooling design, acquisition, start up, etc.);
- Deep practical knowledge in metal forming tooling design and construction techniques;
- Deep knowledge of metal processability and formability;
- Knowledge of metal forming simulation tools will be considered a plus;
- Willingness to travel within the Electrolux Major Appliances LA factories and internationally;
- Good analytical and methodical problem solving skills;
- Good command of CATIA software will be considered a plus;
- Ability to work in multicultural teams, open and innovative mind set;
- Goal-oriented, persevering, focused on quality;
- Self organized, able to share attention between short and long term goals;
- Friendly personality, open for cooperation with other people.
- Portuguese and English fluent;
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
"It is responsibility of the selected candidate, expenses related to accommodation and change in cases of approval in internal selection process in other locations. The Transfer Policy will be applied when the transfer happens at the request of the company. "