The Cost Analyst reports directly to the Plant Controller. This position will assist with the monthly close process as it relates to inventory and conversion cost and will maintain the cost accounting systems and processes and work with internal business partners to support operations and costing activities. The individual should be proficient in analyzing variances and preparing a wide range of reports to meet the needs of various internal business partners to drive process and cost optimization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close
- Responsible for headcount reporting including Direct and Indirect Labor, Salaried labor, departmental and plant efficiency reporting, and corresponding routings within the standard cost build process
- Perform various cost accounting functions including, but not limited to, inventory valuation and conversion costs with main focus on driving efficiencies around direct and indirect labor and scrap costs.
- Participate, partner and provide financial direction to cross functional teams to ensure plant objectives are met in line with labor value stream maps
- Support compliance to Sarbanes-Oxley related internal controls related to manufacturing accounting activities
- Support the standards roll up annually.
- Support new product development and operations to maintain cost models for prospective products from inception to launch
- Track, report and identify efficiency opportunities around direct and indirect labor hours.
- Supports Account Payables activities for the plant
- Participate in special projects and various ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- Masters degree, CPA and/or CMA designation is viewed favorably.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Solid understanding of general, inventory and cost accounting
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for getting involved in all aspects of the business
- Aggressive attitude and “can do” spirit to drive change
- High integrity and team player individual with a high sense of customer focus
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to change as well as acting as a change catalyst
- High Excel proficiency