Demand Planning Specialist
The Demand Planning Specialist is responsible for managing and maintaining sales plan in SAP-APO.
The job holder cooperates with stakeholders (Product Line, Supply Planning, Key Accounts, Customer Service) to synchronize expected sales with info coming from supply chain: the goal is to achieve optimum flow of product from EMEA factories to Italian customers, assuring also the right level of stock for each product.
The job holder should have both analytical/technical principles (forecasting techniques, confidence in using ERP) both
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Monthly planning cycle (N months horizon):
- Being proactive during collaborative meetings with other Stakeholders: Sales, Business Controlling, Product Line.
- Discuss volumes/models and then upload sales forecasts to SAP-APO.
- Keep challenging deadlines in plans definition and ask others do the same.
• Execute monthly plan:
- Maintain close contact (daily calls) with Supply Planning, Customer Service, Logistics, in order to achieve delivery/revenues targets. Analyse and comment production, ramp-up, target stock levels, give clear priorities to factories about commercial cluster needs.
- Be ready to change SAP-APO plans adjusting to the continuously changing situation, with an almost “real-time” frequency.
- ATP (Available
• Promo planning: manage properly demand peaks along Supply Chain.
• Manage phase in/phase out of products in collaboration with Product Line and Sales.
• Direct deliveries: be capable of keeping under control and drive others on this fast flow, where excellent coordination is needed.
• Stock management: Optimize inventory mix; pay attention to critical models: slow or no movers, obsolete, excessive etc. Control,
• Forecast accuracy and stock level KPIs: use them as targets for your job and share trends, drive others to
• Material Master Data management:
- Make sure that all items records in SAP are updated, so that each model could be ordered, transferred, sold to customers.
- Solve issues quickly when some mismatch appears.
• Continuous improvement: be curious and ready to improve processes you are working on daily
Critical Functional Skills:
• Ability to understand complex and uncertain scenarios.
• Ability to take right decisions under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
• Good analytical and strong excel skills (able to use create pivot and
• Relevant communication and presentation skills
• Ability to influence others
• Ability to play as a driver in
• Ability to think out of the box
• Enthusiastic team player
• Commercial acumen
• English is a must
This role requires occasional travel within Italy/Europe
Experience: at least 3-5 years in similar role (preferred in FMCG)
Desirable: SAP APO knowledge or