Desktop Support Analyst
Charlotte, North Carolina
Provide desktop support for the users in the Charlotte Offices, as well as remote users. Utilize technical experience and familiarity with the environment to provide support to end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide 2nd level technical support for local offices and supported remote users
- Utilize Service Now to coordinate support activities and update incidents, service requests, and tasks accordingly
- Configure and deploy PC’s, laptops, printers and peripheral equipment using automatic deployment tools (Microsoft SCCM)
- Install and configure software for PC’s and laptops
- Track hardware and software utilizing standard asset management procedures
- Provide weekly status reports to departmental management
- Implement desktop hardware and software standards
- Participate in
desktoprelated project as assigned by management
- Participate in on-call rotation for
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for desktop operating environment
- Actively build cross-functional and cross-competence collaboration within and outside the area of responsibility
- Participate actively
withhands-on operational work, applying technical knowledge of areato resolve issues, implement projects, etc.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes to provide quality business service.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for assisting the business with additional project work.
- Administer telephone and voicemail boxes, and associated telephony peripherals.
- Administer mobile phones and associated mobile peripherals.
- Respond to alerts or emergency issues during normal business hours and on-call rotation.
- An Associate's Degree in a field related to Computer Technology, IT, or technical field; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years technical support experience for
enduser and computing with hands-on experience supporting desktop PCs and laptops in a Windows 7 environment.
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with PC configuration, installation of peripherals, installation and configuration of software, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors.
- Ability to communicate to various levels in the organization.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well with other people in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to train end users and other team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with SCCM, scripting, active directory is a plus.