Director of Supply Chain
Anderson, South Carolina
This is a highly visible position with responsibility to provide results driven leadership to the supply chain function for the Anderson, SC factory of Electrolux Major Appliances. The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for effectively planning, coordinating, and implementing the work for the production planning, material operations, material planning, and customer fulfillment departments while working cross-functionally with all teams to ensure collaboration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a clean and safe operating environment for all areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership and direction while managing departmental goals and objectives and conduct continuous improvement activities to ensure world-class supply chain performance and that objectives are consistently achieved
- Manages and supervises production planning, material planning, material operations, and customer fulfillment teams. Responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of these functions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; resolving complaints, and anticipating and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Continuously develops team members through active engagement, problem-solving, special assignment, and continuous improvement activities
- Develop and maintain the production and inventory plan that maintains the operation's goals for effective management of finished goods production, inventory (at factory and RDC network), and sales to meet customer demand with no backorders of finished products or service parts
- Build relationships with purchasing
teamin order to develop supplier relations including a focus on full VMI set-up with full information visibility and minimum stock in the factories for consignment suppliers
- Drive the materials excellence program implementation within the factory, developing an efficient flow of material throughout the factories, from goods receiving until the material is delivered to the point of use
- Provide input and data to support ongoing budgeting and strategic planning process
- Provide site support on special projects involving data management and consolidation
- Plans engineering changes to ensure instructions are clear and compiled with; works with Production and Purchasing to stop procurement of material affected by
keeps designated engineers informed of engineering change implementation status; coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked parts. change,
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to Electrolux Manufacturing Systems, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, operations management (or related field) is required
- Minimum 7 years supply chain management experience required; high volume manufacturing setting is preferred
- Demonstrated the ability to develop and drive a successful supply chain strategy with a proven focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of production scheduling, warehouse, material planning, and material handling operations, methods, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations
- Proven track record of achieving long-term objectives and successfully managing projects that require
organizationalchange at all levels of the factory
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills and abilities
drivenby data analytics
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others and exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop
personneland work groups into high performing teams by visible leadership among all levels of associates
- Strong knowledge of computer-based production scheduling activities with a history of the development of routings and communication skills to effectively lead change to various processes with no associated production downtime.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes that affect the ability to react quickly to unanticipated orders and establishment of inventory levels to support these challenges
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement a "pull" type system
- Must have a basic understanding of statistical process control techniques and data collection systems
- An understanding of supplier management and inbound freight process
- Knowledge of JDE system
- Master’s degree
- APICS Certification