Director Product Line Food Preparation, Asia Pacific
Support the profitable growth of the Food Preparation category across Asia Pacific via a mix of consumer relevant design-led product innovation and identification of additional new business opportunities.
As a key member of the Food Preparation Team, the position’s mission is to:
1. Ensure the timely creation & delivery of consumer relevant and design-led product innovation.
2. Increase speed-to-market and operational effectiveness in close cooperation with Brand Marketing, Design and R&D
3. Support clusters in achieving their commercial targets and drive profitable growth
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Lead major projects for the Food Preparation category across clusters
• Secure the implementation of critical processes (NPD) and governance tools (EPM Gate)
Market development China
• Support commercial focus area Project Business with suitable range, feature and price offer
• Collaborate closely with EMEA Sector for smooth availability of AEG range
• Seek actively new business opportunities for China in collaboration with Country and Strategy team
• Drive implementation and regular update of Technology Roadmap in collaboration with Global Technology teams and PL
• Focus on creation and implement of Asian Cooking USP
• Coordinate Innovation Growth Portfolio
• Led Cost Excellence Program activities
• Seek additional Growth Opportunities and collaborate with Clusters on their implementation
• Lead Connectivity activities for Food Preparation and across Product Lines
• Ensure alignment and strong cooperation with Industrial Operations to ensure proper product industrialization and product care
• Cost out: Drive cost-out targets and ensure their achievement
• Quality: Contribute to achieve SCR and distractor targets
Key Interfaces (Internal /external): Sales companies, R&D, Design, Brand Marketing, Supply Chain, Industrial Operations and Sourcing.
Reporting to: VP PL Food Preparation Major Appliances Asia Pacific
Direct Reports: Regional Product Manager China
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Required Profile (Experience on the job, Career experiences, Overall experiences):
• Direct work experience in Asia is preferable.
• Experience in White Goods or Durable Goods industry are preferred
• Proven leadership capabilities in delivering superior business results
• Sound balance of strategic / conceptual thinking and operational focus
• True passion for products and consumer driven innovation
• Good brand strategy and brand building understanding
• Strong, trustworthy team leader & team-player – able to manage & influence positively diverse cross-functional teams across Asia Pacific
• Results driven, hands-on self-starter
• Commercially savvy & financially knowledgeable manager, with a keen business interest to drive profitable sales growth.
• Capable to embrace and drive change (proven change management skills).
• Comfortable in a matrix organization, able to influence across different functions and across different levels within the organization
• Strong cooperation and team playing approach across all parts of our business
Operational Manager: VP PL Food Preparation Major Appliances Asia Pacific
Scope of Work: Regional, APAC
Working Details: Permanent role, from 9 to 6pm, Monday to Friday