Director - Supply & Demand Execution
Electrolux is focused on building the supply chain of the future, with an emphasis on improved asset utilization and operating ratios, on-time delivery, lead time and the overall S&OP process. The successful candidate will be a true leader of people, fostering collaboration and team building across various functions while upholding the organization’s core values
Responsibilities for this role include interfacing with colleagues across multiple functions to review, facilitate, execute, and monitor both inbound replenishment and outbound customer orders for NA EMA. Coordination and cross-functional collaboration with Transportation, Warehousing, S&OP, Factory Customer Fulfillment, and Sales Operations on a weekly basis will be required. The right candidate will be comfortable collaborating cross-functionally to ensure balance within the supply chain and adherence to the company’s service and cost goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for demand control activities including order management, management when demand exceeds supply, management when demand is materializing to be less than planned, decisions related to forecast consumption, and facilitation of decision making when demand materializes differently than planned
- Implement a formal process of communication and decision making to keep demand and supply synchronized within a short-term horizon (typically 3-45 days)
- Actively identify, communicate, and bring together a collaborative team to resolve misalignment between supply and demand
- Responsible for creating, facilitating, monitoring, and executing centralized replenishment for both Sourced and Produced goods to the US RDC network
- Responsible for order execution readiness and order flow, including daily review of open customer orders to identify non-executable customer orders and resolution of non-executable orders and ensuring rules of the road compliance on all orders to provide seamless customer satisfaction at best cost
- Manage weekly tactical demand/supply execution process and provide current month shipping forecast
- Monitor orders vs near-term plan and engage appropriate sales and S&OP leadership to increase orders when demand is less than planned or to prioritize when demand exceeds supply
- Ensure optimized use of inventory and flow through US RDC network in short-term horizon (<30 days)
- Publication of dashboard to monitor execution
- Implement process for reviewing additional sales opportunities above plan with supply to increase flexibility and response to customers
- Measure and adhere to KPIs including Order Fill Rate, Backorders, and Availability
- Collaborate within organization to identify and implement standardized best practices
- Support Industrial Operations digital strategy to analyze current operational processes, tools, and identify digital applications needed in order to meet future state customer service and cost goals
- Partner with senior business leaders, to put in place business processes and procedures to realize targeted improvements.
- Mentor, train and develop a superior leadership team that will drive overall organizational engagement. Institutionalize organizational learning and best practices.
- Undergraduate degree required; Master degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of operational leadership experience gained within “best-in-class” manufacturing organizations.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications – Excel, Word, Powerpoint required
- Working knowledge of AS400 (Focus) system and SAP preferred
- Ability to travel 5%-10% required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability to gain the required consensus to quickly deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement operational improvement initiatives that have yielded measurable improvements in financial performance.
- Proven ability to assess organizational capabilities and recruit, train and develop high-performing operations teams.
- A highly intelligent, seasoned, self-confident, knowledgeable leader with demonstrated accomplishments in manufacturing and operational excellence.
- An analytic, strategic and tactical thinker, who can develop strategies, programs and processes that support the short- and long-term business needs.
- Experience in a diverse, matrixed, multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- A sense of humility and good listening skills.
- Visible passion for the business and capability to motivate and have a broad sphere of influence on the overall organization.
- A hardworking, high-energy individual with a significant amount of stamina and drive.
- A hands-on executive, who can roll-up his/her sleeves and get involved in running the operations organization in a dynamic manner.
- Personable, outgoing and self-confident.
- Respects company culture.
- Management Experience and Communication Skills