East Asia Quality Manager
• The EA Quality Manager is a key position for Electrolux Major Appliances.
• The position is responsible for leading all quality improvement activities throughout East Asia and for engaging the senior leadership to actively drive and participate in all required activities related to achieve the necessary improvement in Quality. The ambition is to enable all individuals in the company to contribute to improve Quality as experienced by our consumers.
• This position is responsible to ensure and harmonize disciplined process application across the East Asia Cluster, and quality governance and competence in all Product Development projects, using the “red flags” tool if necessary. It is also responsible to ensure constant review of validation of test protocols (robustness, consumer expectations), aiming to promote and facilitate introduction of New Products with lower SCR and better performances from a Consumer perspective.
• The activity will require a strict coordination between the Cluster Quality Improvement requirements and the Sector and Global Functions of R&D, Industrial Operations, Purchasing, Product Lines, Sales / After Sales. Coordination will also be required with the Global and Sector Quality improvement programs.
• The location for this position is Bangkok Thailand and you should expect to travel with medium to high intensity within Asia Pacific and occasionally to Global locations.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Implement the Quality Continuous Improvement program ensuring achievement of defined product quality, product safety, sustainability and related cost structure objectives in Major Appliances Asia Pacific.
• Implement the strategic direction and continuous improvement program from the Global and Sector Quality teams.
• Set tactical goals and objectives to drive continuous improvement and attain the defined product quality objectives (SCRlq, SCR Distractor reduction and elimination, Consumer rating improvement where applicable, % Warranty Costs/ Net Sales, NRFT).
• Drive continuous Quality improvement across the Cluster, tracking status and implementation plans.
• In relation to New Product Introduction, ensure constant review of lessons from the validation of test protocols, through the Check Point process. Ensure test protocols related to Product reliability and as well as feedback from Consumers Institutes ratings where available, are used to set project targets for SCR and Consumer ratings.
• When necessary, support Sector team members requiring “veto” right for significant non-compliance Quality requirements, ensuring application of a defined escalation process.
• Ensure fulfilment of Product Safety requirements and follow up.
• Ensure fulfilment of Sustainability targets (RML, ROHS, REACH).
• Partner with other Sector Functions, especially R&D, Purchasing, Industrial Operations and PL VPs.
• Partner with Sales, After Sales and relevant Key Accounts / Key Customers.
• Implement the tools and methodologies to eliminate root causes for product quality using various methods and achieve the Business objectives.
• Promote and facilitate best practice for Quality Continuous Improvement activities, with creation and improvement of internal standards, educational materials, visual evidence, summary materials referring to technically proofed solutions and team working practices.
• Ensure all training support for resources involved in Quality Continuous Improvement programs.
• Create a positive working environment that encourages creative thinking and intelligent risk taking.
You will be expected to have a strong drive, ambition to deliver, great learning ability to encompass daily and strategic challenges and very strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated leadership capability in communicating and influencing others, stakeholder management, being a change leader and driving project success individually and through teams.
• Experienced people leader, with proven track of attracting and developing talents and managing cross cultural teams
• Significant experience as site / multi-site leader, at least 10 years minimum experience in cross-functional activities related to products and their manufacturing processes, where continuous improvement is the key focus.
• A proven record of success leading product projects and activities, along with long-term continuous improvement.
• Experience in Quality and Continuous Improvement will be a strong advantage
• Experience with and commitment to Quality concepts and processes.
• Strong knowledge of Lean Tools / Six Sigma preferred
• A high sense of urgency with the ability to make and implement tough and timely decisions
• Highly strategic in thought and behaviour, while also driving short-medium execution.
• Focus on results with a high sense of urgency and project management skills.
• Characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
Reporting, Operationally to VP Quality AP Sector
Electrolux is a leading provider in the Asia Pacific appliance market. With over 4,000 people across Asia Pacific, we have a solid understanding of consumers’ needs and desires in this region that allows us to provide innovative, thoughtfully designed products that help them shape their living for the better.