Electromechanical Senior Designer
Technology and Module Development
Electromechanical Senior Designer
Experienced electromechanical/electrical designer with component design and management capabilities able to develop EM product at global level based on corporate and management directives, proactively initiating actions necessary to begin new programs and follow them through production release. Proactive and innovative by nature, she/he is responsible for design and development of EM sub-systems, products and/or components, management and maintenance of EM components portfolio.
She/he must be able to interface with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the position to achieve desired results on time and within cost constraints. She/he has a strong electrical knowledge of product and component development, testing methods, and good overall mechanical and electronic engineering knowledge as it would apply to product enhancements as a part of product development.
· Development, qualification and implementation of EM products/components that meet or exceed both in-house and customer testing requirements for Company Global products; management and maintenance of EM component portfolio.
· Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession.
· Applies expert knowledge of applicable technology and industry/company standards to investigate new EM applications, methods and test procedures.
· Develops product technical specifications based off of a variety of requirement inputs including consumer, marketing and industrial design.
· Develops prototypes and implements new product designs.
· Determines the benefit of product design re-use from existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products.
· Prepares test and validation plans, monitoring execution and direction of product testing.
· Develops detailed engineering documentation including block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices and manufacturing procedures.
· Estimates task durations and assists with the preparation of project schedules and product cost estimate
· Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
· Works with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture EM components and assemblies.
· Works closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up.
· Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
· Use CAD software to develop 3D/2D component design and product assemblies
· Use PLM software to manage the component portfolio
· Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high reliability products (Tolerance chain analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Testability, etc.)
Key functional qualifications
· Technical Skills
· Strong knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred, Sheet Metal Design is considered a plus)
· Strong knowledge in electrical components , system development and design
· Overview of the components used and the main features and requirements
· Communications skills to manage suppliers and interact with all company areas.
· Good English written and oral
· Able to discuss fact based
· Ability to take initiative and be proactive
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work in an international requirement
· Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas
· Open minded
· Proactivity & multitasking
· Sense of urgency and stress resilience
· Motivation to join an highly multicultural team