Electronics Engineer – R&D Food Preservation (Curitiba, Brazilian Plant)
- The chosen candidate will be responsible to support all Food Preservation R&D architectures during the product development process, having national and international exposure to millions of consumers in all sectors (APAC, EMEA, LA, NA);
- This involves working with a creative, collaborative engineering and laboratory teams, test laboratories, marketing, industrial design, industrial processes and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products, with flexibility to travel abroad to others Electrolux Food Preservation plants;
- Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and development culture using EPM and other Electrolux tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototyping facilities;
- Activities include product development and following results across different sectors: working together with different teams, she/he will ensure the results always observing cost, investment and time plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop technical solutions of a project to include initial scoping, design concept generation, functional prototyping, design validation, manufacturing validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch;
- Work very close with the laboratory team supporting the integration of the virtual testing with the first prototypes controlled through National Instruments equipment;
- Experience and intention to work with Intelligence Artificial e Machine Learning applied to products;
- Follow the Electrolux Project Management activities, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations;
- Investigate and prescribe optimized solutions and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems. Look beyond current solutions and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development;
- Develop all the way from the drawing to the concept validation executing tests for new technical solutions proposed;
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail;
- Effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
- University degree in Mechatronics/Electronics Engineering or related technical degree with good experience related to engineering and/or product development project management experience for Product Development Engineer position;
- Knowledge on softwares programing like: “C” “C++", “Phyton”, “R”, MatLab e “Visual Basic” to apply Intelligence Artificial and Machine Learning on products;
- MS Office knowledge,
- Basic knowledge of CATIA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience working in a / within a multicultural, international environment;
- Ability to generate engineering specifications,and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met;
- Proficient with new project development activities; design concept generation and decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities;
- Proficiency in designing electronic solutions, software interfaces, hardware schematics, wireless communication, application of sensors;
- Be effectively involved in the Internal/External suppliers;
- Collating and inputting data with high level of accuracy and in accordance with Project BOM;
- Conduct successful knowledge transfer within the all members área;
Establish very good relationship with all members area ensuring that all relevant EPM Electrolux deliverables, food preservation standards (including IEC and UL) and internal guidelines are met;
- Available to travel;
- Passion to innovation, customer obsession, drive for results
- Communicative, team orientated, with analytical thinking
- English advanced
"It is the responsibility of the selected candidate, expenses related to accommodation and change in cases of approval in internal selection process in other locations. The Transfer Policy will be applied when the transfer happens at the request of the company. "