Electronics Manager NA
The Electronics Manager NA will be leading a team of hardware and software engineers in integrating and developing innovative electronic control systems for consumer appliances. The focus areas are user interfaces, human machine interfaces, and power conversion electronics. As an integral member of the Global Connectivity & Technology (GC&T) team, the successful candidate will provide the technical leadership and expertise in executing electronics development from conceptualization through production and across all product lines..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure that all the development and integration of electronic control systems in NA is done in full alignment with Electrolux global strategy and guide lines for electronics.
- Maintain and develop a high level of alignment with technology partners, advanced purchasing, product lines and the global technology organization.
- Work and collaborate in an international environment with multiple global and regional product teams, competence centers and experts. Build and maintain internal- and external networks (e.g. external suppliers, institutes, universities etc.).
- Responsible for development activities for assigned electronics systems, ensuring meeting defined targets for cost, quality, performance and time to market.
- Contributes to, and works with global roadmap planning and implementation, translate user requirements into specific technical solutions and define and lock down product-, and module features during the planning phase.
- Responsible for the technical excellence of the team including recruiting, mentoring, and retaining top talent
- Manage day to day activities of the team to deliver high quality hardware solutions and code on a short and dynamic schedule, while making risk assessments and implementing risk mitigation plans.
- Lead engineering team, suppliers and other partners to establish product development timeline and milestones.
and track program schedules, technical issues, product/module cost, risks and priorities.
- Lead and drive the team, suppliers and manufacturing partners to meet program schedules, deliverables and quality criteria according to program milestones.
- Managing local budget and resource planning activities
- Provide regular status communication to cross functional and executive teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Committed to technical excellence.
- Team oriented and pro-active mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Dynamic and open minded, self-starter, self-motivator and highly adaptable.
- Position will require international travel.
- Master's or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in combination with additional relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum seven years of broad and relevant electronic controls engineering experience and five years of management or leadership experience.
- Experienced working in an Agile SW development environment and with corresponding issue tracking tools. Knowledge of Atlassin suite is a plus.
- Object oriented architecture design and programming in Java or .NET. Familiarity with MVC is a plus.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems, from FreeRTOS to embedded Linux.
- Knowledge in schematic capture and layout tools such as Orcad
- Knowledge in hardware evaluation and simulation tools such as Pspice and monte carlo simulations
- Six Sigma Black Belt training is a plus
- Software testing and validation techniques.
- Design/programming experience using C/C++ embedded software. Experience with 32bit Cortex and development environments/tools.
- Experience with communication buses, e.g. I2C, SPI, TCPIP, CAN bus etc., Ethernet controllers.
- Experience developing control algorithms, especially familiarity with use of simulations and model based design techniques
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for electronic controls (UL…)
- Experience with regulatory approval testing and processes
- Experience in developing user interfaces that incorporate LED, LCD, and TFT display technologies
- Experience developing human machine interfaces utilizing capacitive touch technologies
- Experience working with robust change management and release tools/processes such as MKS/PTC, DOORS, Collaborator, Confluence, Bitbucket, JIRA, etc.