A person in this position will perform duties in support of new product development within the engineering organization. These duties will include but not be limited to building/fabricating prototype hardware, testing and debugging new circuits and software, fabricate test equipment and related cables, environmental and EMC testing. Will modify, upgrade and/or repair engineering hardware including field returns supporting engineering analysis/evaluation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and revising engineering reports and test procedures based on engineering functional specifications.
- Work closely and in conjunction with an experienced group of engineers on the development and support of hardware and software
- Supports quality and engineering functions in the test lab and prototype area including ordering of prototyping services, preparation of prototype and test samples, test preparation, set-up, and execution.
- Responsible for the assembly, modification, repair and/or verification of electronic circuits & modules.
- Work within the Electronics team on the development of electronic circuits, wire harnesses, test boxes, test equipment, software regression testing, and regulatory agencies testing.
- Read and Build prototype circuits from Schematics.
- Build, modify, and/or repair custom electronic circuit assemblies.
- Build, modify, and/or repair custom wiring harnesses for test equipment and applications.
- Build, modify, and/or repair test boxes.
- Hand solder small-scale electronic components including fine pitch SMD & through hole devices.
- Troubleshoot electronic circuits.
- Perform Debug and Failure analysis.
- Coordinate efforts to repair or update equipment as needed.
- Conduct monitoring and testing activities as directed.
- Accurately and thoroughly document test results to meet quality system requirements.
- 4-year degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1-year related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to set up and run electronic equipment including Oscilloscopes, power supplies, data loggers, electronic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.
- Solder, Board Assembly, and Rework Experience.
- Electronic Troubleshooting experience at PCBA Level.
- Experience with Power Measurement, current measurements, component level failure diagnosis.
- Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams.
- Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats.