Factory Warehouse Manager
**Strong Candidate Identified**
The Factory Warehouse Manager leads and directs all operations within the specified department including but not limited to employee training, safety, meeting quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, oversees the coordination of material staging and flow, increasing department productivity and assuring department preparedness. The Manager is the driving force behind safety, quality, productivity (cost), and delivery metrics through the use of standard work tools. Must lead by example in effective communication skills with internal and external departments and also in attendance metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols and ensures all jobs are conducted in accordance with standard work instructions and compliance guidelines
- Foster open communication of department, plant and EMA objectives to team members as well as effective communication of team member feedback to company
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Trains and develops departmental team and provides direction to most efficient flow of work utilizing EMS principles to conduct root cause problem solving concerning: process flow improvements, production methods, production throughout and improve product quality
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget for local and external El Paso transfer yard; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Drives cost outs through the facility as well as Transportation
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position as well as support NECC and C-TPAT initiatives
- Maintains continued efforts consistent with minimization of scrap, rework and controlling costs of expendables and product
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to:
- Remain current on all aspects of hazardous waste, forklift training and first aid procedures
- Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals.
- BS degree in a business or engineering field
- +5 years experience in customer service and distribution operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- As a natural leader, the experience and ability to develop subordinates and work groups into high performing team’s intent on continuous improvement is required.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to track and maintain operation cost based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Extensive computer skills and ability to effectively work with Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written