Financial Business Analyst - Evergreen
Charlotte, North Carolina
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
we shape living for the better.
The Financial Business Analyst position has overall responsibility and accountability for understanding and communicating the financial position of a specific Product Line, Sales Channel (customer), or Brand within
Electrolux Major Appliances.
It is also responsible for providing financial support to the product line team or VP/GM of the sales channels by creating and maintaining periodic reports that analyze and communicate actual performance and the implications of ongoing business decisions as well as forecasting future performance. The Financial Business Analyst position is the critical link between the sales, marketing and product line operations groups and provides valuable insight on a daily basis to the financial performance through its analysis and reporting. The Financial Business Analyst position will report in through the Commercial Finance group or Product Line Finance group but take day-to-day direction from the assigned sales leader(s) or product line teams and will funnel information through the finance organization to the channel organizations, ensuring one consistent approach/method is used across the Sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting and Analysis:
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports to management, such as YoY, MoM, QoQ Volume-Price-Mix analysis and Pricing Waterfalls
- Promotional Spending Analysis to identify the profitability of a given program, whether a proposed program has been appropriately budgeted (or if its costs can be otherwise absorbed), and/or to identify expected/required volume lifts a given program should generate
- Create and monitor a system for Volume Rebates to determine the proper timing for accounting and recognition
- Interpretation and communication of financial performance, implications, recommendations
- Pricing and cost analysis – impact on volumes and margins
- Profitability analysis of specific products and programs
- Various ad hoc analysis including reviewing proposals for major capital expenditures relative to their conformity with corporate planning and economic justification, finished goods sourcing economic/financial analysis, resource allocation recommendation
- Assist as needed with Internal and External Audits, including customer audits
- Understanding Electrolux accounting policies and procedures and making informed business decisions according to policy is an underlying responsibility of all Electrolux financial personnel.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- MBA/CPA preferred
- 3-6 years of business or financial analytics experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Robust business understanding
- Financial modeling experience required
- Financial analysis experience including
-sales trends analysis
-customer and consumer marketing analysis
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Experience working with and advising senior management of financial and business strategies
- Highly motivated / Driven / Proactive approach to business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust/react quickly to changes and changing priorities
- Ability to drive change
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Structured, operative, pragmatic attitude and approach to tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Cognos and JD Edwards preferred
- Some experience in Marketing/Sales a plus