Finishing and Fabrication Manager
Coordinate the activities associated with the development, direction, and deployment of manufacturing systems, within a business unit, which impacts the quality, cost, timely customer delivery, and the manpower, used to produce gas and/or electric ranges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct all activities and resources for the shift.
- Provide coaching/mentoring to leaders at all levels in order to drive continuous improvement and TM engagement
- Align and support overall goals for the business unit and ensure progress toward achieving those goals.
- Participate as a member of Management Team in planning and formulating company objectives and goals, employee relation’s policies and programs.
- Assure the ISO 9000/ISO 14001 management systems are properly followed and maintained.
- Coordinate consistent application of the quality standards between departments.
- Provide clear, consistent direction and feedback to ensure goal attainment through EMS systems.
- Coordinate customer orders, inventory, and manufacturing activities to ensure product is delivered to the customer on a timely basis.
- Lead cost reduction activities for the business unit.
- Participate in the development of capital expense planning for the facility.
- Communicate effectively the objectives & results of the unit to all TM’s on the shift.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in business/manufacturing related field preferred.
- Five or more year’s experience in a manufacturing related environment.
- Two or more years in a high volume or process management experience, including project coordination, and lean manufacturing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Mature thinking and professional presentation. Ability to see the business and objectives from a high level.
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization.
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Experience in stamping, forming, and/or tool and die creation and maintenance
- Exposure to coating and inspection of Class A surfaces
- Six Sigma certification and relevant project experience
- Experience with Project Management and resource alignment
- Demonstrated ability to lead culture change and TM engagement