Performs repetitive tasks on assembly line unit using hands or various hand held tools to create a completed functional unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow JDS and build sheet to ensure units are built correctly
• Verify part number of components to the Build Sheet prior placing parts on unit
• Utilize hand held power tools to assemble units
• Verify tools to be used in work area are correct with job area Team Lead
• Notify Team Leads of missing, defect and incorrect parts
• Perform work at different work stations as production needs require
• Complete daily 5S requirements
• Perform all other assigned reasonable and safe duties as requested by Team Lead, Supervisor or Assembly Leadership
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• 1 year of previous work experience in a production base environment
• Certified on a minimum of 1/3 of jobs on assembly line
• Possess ability to work with a sense urgency by working within assigned Takt time for work area
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks that require the use of various defined procedures.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours/shifts as required
• Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
• Ability and willingness to learn new tasks and become multi-skilled
• Must be able to successfully complete ESD training
• Must be able to successfully complete EMS awareness training
• Must be able to successfully complete yellow gear training in the first 6 months in position
• Must be able to successfully complete all additional training for Assembler I position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of job.
• Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach
• Ability to lift 40 pounds on a repetitive basis
• Ability to stand up for an entire shift
• Ability to work with and/or around insulation
• Ability to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.