· To manage the development and sustainable growth of the home appliances business in Thailand.
· To set aggressive sales targets for excellent business results.
· To monitor and drive the business through financial and fact-based analysis.
· Have a robust execution skill, drive and determination to deliver effective results in the market.
· To develop the team to achieve high levels of performance.
· To cultivate an open environment and create an expressive work environment where the ‘individual’ can
contribute and act as role model with high levels of credibility and integrity gained through communication and engagement channels with all Team members.
· Develop and execute growth strategies in sales, distribution and brand/marketing.
· Enhance operating and management systems and processes where necessary to improve efficiency and productivity.
· Continue to build and manage Key Accounts, major Dealers and B2B business relationships.
· Translate strategic priorities of the business into operational reality.
· Attract, retain and develop top talent, focusing on succession planning and the cultivation of a best-in-class leadership team.
· Provide leadership and direction to the day-to-day operation to ensure efficiency, high quality customer-service and cost-effectiveness of resource allocation.
· Align communications, resources and processes to ensure that the strategic priorities yield sustainable growth results.
· Provide visionary and approachable leadership style with frequent and transparent communication with the Regional Management and employees.
· Serve as spokesperson and ambassador of the organization internally and externally.
· Lead the successful identification and realization of market opportunities for other categories of products and new products, as development initiatives, to drive the growth in sales and profitability for the Company.
· Operationally: Senior Vice President and MD, Major Appliances East Asia
· Functionally: Senior Vice President and M, Major Appliances East Asia
· Internal: APAC Team, East Asia Team, HOD’s, Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Human Resources & Administration
· External: Dealers, Business Partner Owners, Suppliers
Qualifications, Experience and Competences
· Significant record of success as a General Manager in similar consumer durable company or fast-moving consumer goods organization. Must have a minimum of 15 years’ experience.
· Knowledge of the local Thailand market and understanding of the psyche of the Thai trade and consumers.
· Outstanding operational track record as evidenced by excellent financial performance and positive employee and customer satisfaction.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve or exceed expectations in a competitive Consumer Durables market or FMCG.
· Proven ability in managing full profit and loss and ability to lead and motivate a winning team, inspiring high levels of performance and commitment.
· An expert in building internal and external relationships, with a demonstrated record of working successfully with retailers, key accounts, diverse regional management teams, government agencies and other organizations as required.
· Strong leadership and management experience -operational execution experience will be strongly preferred
· Good financial knowledge in P & L management
· Strategy development experience in multi-national environment
· Team player and team builder
· Results driven
· In addition to Thai language (advantageous), excellent English spoken and written skills; knowledge of any additional Asian language is a strong advantage
· Strong communicator among senior executives
· Ability to interact in a large team
· Highest ethical standards
· Leadership: A dynamic professional with effective leadership, entrepreneurial, team motivation and management skills. Proven ability to build a team; able to lead, coach and motivate people to achieve/exceed objectives. Able to achieve organizational focus on key priorities; delegates effectively. A committed coach, mentor and people developer with strong judgment and business maturity; guides the Company and team in making good decisions. Rallies team around a common vision. Sets the tone of accountability, performance and integrity.
· Communication: Proactively and candidly communicates with the organization, addressing issues in a constructive and proactive manner, keeping the organization aware and engaged; brings sensitive matters or unspoken points of disagreement within the organization into the open; is transparent in approach. Fosters open communication and delivers clear messages.
· Commercial Acumen: A strong command of sales and marketing disciplines and techniques; a proven track record of addressing difficult product challenges. Knows how to drive top-line and manages costs to deliver profit objectives. Builds strong marketing teams to apply best practices to build Brand Equity. Business development and product life-cycle management experience.
· Build Teamwork: Builds effective teams committed to organizational goals by empowering people to meet challenging performance standards. Fosters collaboration among team members and teams and ensures team ownership for common objectives. Sets clear performance targets and a well-defined "playing field" with clear accountabilities. Forms and maintains collaborative relationships, partnerships and broad networks of contacts.
· Develops People: Invests significant amount of time and energy in enhancing capability of the team. Continually seeks and hires people with a track record of high performance and those with high potential. Identifies high potential talent and provides opportunities to stretch and grow them. Learns from successes and failures and strive for continual improvement.
· Results Orientation: A track record of establishing clear expectations, setting objectives and integrating the efforts of multiple functions to achieve results. Strong problem-solving skills, creativity and decisiveness.