Graphic/UX Designer - Evergreen
Charlotte, North Carolina
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
we shape living for the better.
We are looking for an Experience Designer responsible for deeply understanding the consumer journey and creating remarkable experiences that express brand essence, best assist users to achieve goals and ultimately drive more sales. The Experience Designer will design the overall functionality across multiple digital properties, channels and platforms as Electrolux continues to grow its digital capabilities to match consumer behavior and trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with teams to understand business and design goals, create requirements and then select and iterate the best approach to create a highly usable and engaging experiences
- Recommend necessary research (usability, surveys, etc.) in order to perform heuristic and competitive analyses
- Develop and maintain concepts into mockups/wireframes/sketches and specifications that lead to intuitive user experiences across a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Strategically define UX guidelines across channels and platforms for a consistent and best-in-class experience throughout the consumer journey
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs with data-driven mindset
- Tightly collaborate with other team members and stakeholders leveraging agile process
- Follow industry research, trends, and evolving platforms and technologies related to user experience
- Help with project scope definition, estimates, and work breakdown structure
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure implemented experience matches the initial UX design
- Work with visual designers to incorporate the visual brand identity into features
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
- Create and advance site-wide style guides
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Bachelors Degree in human-computer interaction, design, psychology, communication or related area
- 5-10 years of UX design and Information Architecture experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing solutions across channels/platforms
- Experience working directly with developers to ensure successful implementation
- Ability communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs that meets needs and vision to stakeholders, as well as certain aspects of a project that are hindering the user experience
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design. Preference will be given to candidates who show aptitude/experience with conversational UI.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently using data insights as driver
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Our ideal candidate will possess a mature level of professionalism, and be able to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Communicating and conveying concepts to clients and project managers
- Working both independently as well as collaboratively within a team
- Advising and making recommendations on projects
- Estimating time for tasks
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.