Hoods Senior Development Engineer
Cerreto D'Esi Ancona, Italy
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
Hoods Senior Development Engineer – Cerreto D’Esi, Italy.
Shaping living for the better starts here. Our R&D teams work around the world and at the heart of Electrolux to live and breathe our purpose. With transformation our driving force, the opportunities for change are unlimited. Just like your potential.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Whether looking at existing products or processes or starting from scratch, you’ll have the freedom to bring your curiosity to work, every day. That might be by going out into the world and seeing what you can make, better, being innovative with customer insight or brainstorming ideas with colleagues or experts. In every case, whether building a business case or a prototype, you’ll most often work on a project or projects from start to finish, positively seeking out the challenges and working methodically to overcome them. If you share our passion for realizing potential, you’ll find yourself making driving all kinds of transformation that impact on all kinds of lives.
• Drawing Creation and Release.
• Give Input for Bill of Material.
• Design development on cost reduction, complexity reduction and on quality projects.
• Analyse of technical solutions with suppliers, factory, and other involved functions.
• Identify standardization opportunities.
• Communicate with the other teams in the Platform to find common solutions.
• Understand, change and create component and product specifications.
• Create new mechanical components.
• Understand and evaluate the safety and environmental impacts.
• Use robust design tools (FMEA, product map, safety audit, project planning).
• Part approval: understand technical tests results to take a decision on design development & final approval.
• Curious - You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
• Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
• Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
• Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
• Influential - You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
• Problem-solving - You see the challenge as the opportunity.
• Results-driven - Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
• Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with min 2 years of experience; or High School Degree with min 5 years of experience.
• Experience in Product Development in the home-appliances business area is appreciated.
• Experience in Product Development in the cooker-hoods business area is very appreciated. • Knowledge of mechanical components and systems design, development and industrialization.
• Able to deliver project activities in a global/matrix organization and in the international environment
• Strong knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA V5 preferred).
• Able to create a strong relationship with all functions in the organization, to enhance the delivery of global targets.
• Respect for culture diversities and ability to tailor the communication to the people.
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal processes, injection molding, die
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions of the organization.
• Experience in an international organization/company is appreciated.
• Experience in manufacturing processes (metal cutting, bending and welding; metal forming; molding,...).
• Experience in material technologies is appreciated (plastics, steels, …).
• Availability to travel.
• Fluent English.