HR Recruiting Specialist
This position will be a direct report of the Manager, Human Resources, and is a key part of the Site Manufacturing HR Team responsible for affecting change, aligning manufacturing goals to the Company’s strategic direction, and providing Generalist & Recruiting support for 3000+ employee population. Responsibilities also include providing practical, consistent and proactive support, direction and advice to other functional managers on HR procedure and policy to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with managers to develop and implement strategic initiatives aimed at furthering employee engagement through operational efficiencies.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Administers recognition programs that foster team member engagement.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Coordinates recruiting, selecting, orienting, and interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Coordinates career fairs, job fairs and other recruiting events to ensure fill rate and pipeline growth.
- Represents organization in community events and activities to enhance the employer of choice.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Human Resources or Business or equivalent work experience
- 3 plus years HR experience in a Large Plant Manufacturing environment or 5 plus years in human resources/recruiting
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma Certifications or background preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Effective in completion of multi-faceted projects in conjunction with daily activities
- Resourceful and well organized
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while recognizing and supporting the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Demonstrated success establishing goals and objectives to meet key deliverables and commitments using fact-based information and data
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint