Human Resource Manager
This position will be a direct report of the Director, Human Resources and a key part of the Site HR Team responsible for affecting change, aligning manufacturing goals to the Company’s strategic direction, leading employee engagement and providing HR functional support. Direct reports will include the HR Manufacturing Operations Team who support a 3000+ employee population. Responsibilities also include providing practical, consistent and proactive support, direction and advice to other functional managers on HR procedure and policy to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with operations and plant support to develop and implement strategic initiatives aimed at furthering employee engagement through operational efficiencies.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Designs and administers recognition programs that foster team member engagement.
- Develops organizational framework and content that is shared within plant operations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains human resource staff by managing recruiting, selecting, orienting, and interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Human Resources or Business; Masters degree a plus
- 5 plus years HR experience in a Large Plant Manufacturing environment or 10 plus years in human resources
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing small HR team
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
- Effective in completion of multi-faceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while recognizing and supporting the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Demonstrated success establishing goals and objectives to meet key deliverables and commitments using fact based information and data
- Experience managing payroll, HRIS and Engineering client groups preferred