Indirect Commodity Manager EMEA
Purchasing & Sourcing
EMEA Indirect Commodity Manager Purchasing & the role
In our world, we build on long-term relationships with our suppliers, the best value for money, the most meaningful innovation and excellent quality with respect for our values. Our mission is to support the company in delivering on time with perfect quality at the right cost, so that as a company we can live up to the expectations of our customers.
We operate both at global and plant level and collaborate with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners like: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, Purchasing is sometimes quite challenging. We count on our well-developed social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day.
We are looking forward to welcoming in our team, individuals who go the extra mile and put their energy in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs.
If you are a team worker, willing to take on new challenges,
If you are capable to develop and take important business decisions
If you are ready to withstand the pressure and responsibility of your function
if you have excellent negotiating and influencing skills,
If you are open minded and creative
If you think you will be able to contribute to the success of our company
The indirect materials commodity manager will analyze the current supply base and work with the corporate purchasing team to identify opportunities. This position is responsible for the analysis of competitive quotes, the total supply chain for their commodity and any potential risk mitigation. The commodity manager has responsibility for and directly affects the overall cost and delivery of indirect materials. The commodity manager must insure that is obtaining the highest quality at the lowest total cost.
Among the different areas of responsibilities, she/he will:
• Develop & maintain strategic and sustainable relationships with key suppliers to plan, organize and drive the best sourcing activities
• Understand the tradeoffs between costs, service in order to strike agreements that meet Electrolux performance criteria.
• Negotiate NDA’s, MPA’s (Master Purchase Agreements) and other contracts
• Develop a good relationship with key peers (Marketing, Operations, Product Lines).
• Develop cost reduction projects with existing suppliers
• Report and track indirect spend across CPI sites
• Communicate high level strategy to Executive Management annually
All this while keeping Electrolux values and priorities in check.
• University degree or equivalent through experience
• Specialties can range from economics, technical studies
Experience and skills required
• minimum of 3/5 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment
• Experience in adjacent disciplines like those that IT, services, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) product; legal. Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment
Languages: Mandatory fluent in English, any other language is an asset.