Indirect Material Purchasing Manager - Capex/Tooling
Purchasing & Sourcing
Charlotte, North Carolina
Leads Capital Expenditures and Tooling purchasing for Electrolux North America.
Supervises day-to-day activities of a team of buyers that execute Capex sourcing
and a clerical team that manages Capex contracts, PO’s and invoicing. Responsible for Capital strategy, all Capex related sourcing activities and results including achieved savings and improved payment terms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all sourcing activities for Indirect Material Commodity Management of CAPEX and Tooling.
- Manage all contract verbiage negotiations with suppliers with support of legal team.
- Ensure that all sourcing decisions reflect the best interest of Electrolux.
- Organize and execute the RFQ process according to Electrolux rules and processes.
- Organize and present proposed sourcing decisions to upper management for review and approval.
Develop the CAPEX purchasing teams.
- Work with Electrolux facilities to understand both current and future Capex needs.
Ensure compliance with Electrolux procedures.
- Follow purchasing life cycle from contract through final acceptance at plant and serve as escalation point for any supplier issues during this timeframe.
- Participate and support in build-up of Capex strategies and ensure their execution.
- Continue to update and publish Capex purchasing policy to best support site teams while following related Electrolux purchasing guidelines.
- Communicate and work in-conjunction with global Capex teams.
- Keep all Capex related metrics include spend and savings analysis, category totals, payment term detail and supplier detail.
- Work with Finance team to track project spend detail, perform accruals and reconcile actuals.
- Four year degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years Capex purchasing experience in a similar industry.
- Experience with contracts and contract negotiations.
- Management experience.
- Procurement strategy development
- Sustainable purchasing
- Contract management
- Procurement management
- Strategic sourcing
- Vendor management
- Supply chain
- Operational leadership
- Strategic leadership
- People leadership