Responsible for engineering activities to improve the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. Services are provided in the area of Process Improvement Engineering (lean manufacturing processes), to ensure productivity levels are obtained and sustainable. Hands on experience in line balancing, time studies, work instructions and labor routings is critical. Performs other miscellaneous assignments, as directed, to support facility, manufacturing and engineering functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works directly with R&D, quality, production, and manufacturing engineers in a team environment for problem solving, gain buy-in and launch of new product launches and processes
- Implementation & promotion the lean manufacturing operation, 5 S’s discipline, Poka Yokes design, KAIZEN, TPM, DFP, Problem Solving, DMAIC, SMED, DFEP, and other initiatives, to continuously improve upon our own records
- Work stations design (Layouts) Standardized work sheets & Head counting development
- Extensive knowledge and experience with line balancing and labor management on a plant wide scale
- Process flow chart & Work Instructions developing
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotes for production fixtures, gigs, and tools purchasing order placing
- Assist in the development and implement cost reduction projects
- Development of IE forms, work instructions and procedures
- Production operators Trainer & New Personnel training helper
- Equipment and machinery installation assistance
- Tooling and fixtures design, including tooling and fixtures control
- MVT production run relating to new product launches
- BS degree in Engineering field; preferably Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in manufacturing environment in areas such as industrial and process improvement engineering and related support areas.
- Significant experience in cross-functional manufacturing processes and thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent communication skills and unique ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel in a manner that is fully understood and supported.
- Experience in follow up several projects at same time and deadlines, track record of successfully completing projects on time.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor saving initiatives.
- Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Experience in development of labor management tools such as labor maps, line layouts, line balancing, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, mechanical and electrical drawings/schematics, and procedure manuals
- Strong mathematical skills including ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw/interpret bar graphs
- Able to work cross functionally to gain cooperation and efforts needed to deliver project on time and on cost targets.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including cost, quality, and time.
- Negotiation, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Well organized, balanced, sound knowledge of business, understanding of technical issues
- Able to work in a team environment
- Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.