Responsible for engineering activities to improve the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, and cost. Services are provided in the area of Process Improvement Engineering (lean manufacturing processes), to ensure productivity levels are obtained and sustainable. Hands on experience in line balancing, time studies, work instructions and labor routings are critical. Performs other miscellaneous assignments, as directed, to support facility, manufacturing and engineering functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works directly with manufacturing engineers in a team environment for problem-solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- Implementation & promotion the lean manufacturing operation, 5 S’s discipline, Poka Yokes design, KAIZEN, KANBAN, TPM, DFP, QUALITY CIRCLES, DMAIC, SMED, DFEP, and other initiatives, to continuously improve upon our own records
- Workstations design (Layouts) Standardized worksheets & Head counting developing
- Standard Time studies & line balance
- Process flow chart & Work Instructions developing.
- Production tooling purchasing order placing.
- Cost reduction projects leading.
- Development of IE forms, work instructions, and procedures.
- Production operators Trainer & New Personnel training helper.
- Equipment and machinery installation assistance.
- Tooling and fixtures design, including tooling and fixtures control.
- Pilot run & new models launch supporting
- BS degree in Engineering.
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in manufacturing environment in areas such as industrial and process improvement engineering and related support areas.
- Significant experience in cross-functional manufacturing processes and thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent communication skills and unique ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel in a manner that is fully understood and supported.
- Experience in follow up several projects at same time and deadlines, track record of successfully completing projects on time.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor-saving initiatives. Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to ensure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, and procedure manuals
- Strong mathematical skills including ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw/interpret bar graphs
- Able to work cross-functionally to gain cooperation and efforts needed to deliver project on time and on cost targets.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including cost, quality, and time.
- Negotiation, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Well organized, balanced, sound knowledge of business, understanding of technical issues
- Able to work in a team environment
- Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.