Injection Tooling Engineer
Responsible for performing engineering and technical duties during the development of component tooling throughout development, launch & production according to project planning. Is responsible for and performs tooling design, innovation, technology development, capital cost reduction and product costs reduction by evaluating the total product development cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and track tooling process and product projects
- Lead extensive part and tool design reviews and track part design concessions along with tool design changes.
- Tool Maintenance: review tooling issues related to component quality issues and production requirements
- Tooling Specifications: review tooling specifications related to part design, produce-ability, production or quality issues
- Troubleshooting: perform root cause analysis to prevent, correct and improve all aspects of product development cycle
- Tool cost control: ensure
toolis completed within budget
- Analyze and interpret data to make engineering recommendations regarding performance or process improvements
- Research of new tooling technology and processing methods
- Assist in
developmentof internal tooling
- Develop tool specifications for initial tooling
- Provide Tooling Acceptance Reports
- BS Mechanical Engineering or BS Engineering Technology preferred
- Injection Mold Tooling experience required
- Minimum 5 years tooling experience (e.g. injection mold tool design, build and start-up, plus repair & maintenance on existing tooling)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive tool design and tooling building experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, component drawing (2D and models), tool models and procedure manuals
- Strong mathematical skills including
abilityto compute rate, press tonnage, shrink rates, cycle times, etc, related to component and tool designs
- Good understanding of part quality as it pertains to
tooland part design.
- Good understanding of GD&T a plus
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with all major MS software programs and CAD (including but not limited to Excel, Projects, PowerPoint, Word, Lotus Notes, Access, AutoCAD, and CATIA)
- Able to work
ininternationally cross-functional teams to gain cooperation and effort needed to deliver projects on time and under-targeted budgets.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including cost, quality, and time.
- Negotiation, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Well organized, balanced, sound knowledge of business, understanding of technical issues
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 70%