Innovation Hub Head
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
HEAD OF INNOVATION HUB, Open location
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior professional who will drive the newly formed “innovation hub” unit – located in Italy, China, US - leveraging existing asset and building new ones in terms of organization/workflows and people/competences.
Your mission will be to nurture company ecosystems with new technologies, business opportunities and collaborative models.
We are open when it comes to the job location – it can be anywhere within EMEA when we have our offices.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
You will define strategic paths and drive the 4 pillars of the new “innovation hub” unit:
• Open Innovation. Build a BRIDGE to reach external innovative non-conventional ecosystems, from startups to consolidated industries, to identify innovative solutions and support execution of company gaps recovery plan.
• Technology Garage. Drive and deliver ASSESSMENT and DEMONSTRATORS of new solutions, derived from emerging technologies from different fields or from non-conventional applications of known architectures.
• Technology Liaisons. Build and coordinate FUNDED PROJECTS and COLLABORATIONS with universities, enterprises and institutions, enhancing access to competences, technologies and resources for company projects execution.
• Innovation Academy. Build and coordinate a project-based PROGRAM for university students to develop, experiment and deploy competences, technologies and models, supporting deliverables of a selected projects portfolio.
• Finalize strategy - vision and mission - with management
• Define pillars and deliverables with stakeholders
• Design and deploy process and governance
• Facilitate and drive integration of the new team into GC&T organization and overall company structure
Key interfaces: other GC&T functions + heads of Product Lines, MKTG, R&Ds, Purchasing, IndoP, IP/Legal.
• Soft Competences:
o Open mind, adaptability, flexibility
o Motivation, Energy
o Techno-business mindset, entrepreneurial mindset, lateral thinking
o Communication, sociability
• Other Competences
o Remote people management
o Complexity management
• Application of the knowledge: Global
EDUACTION AND EXPERIENCE
• Education: Master degree in “Engineering” + MBA
• Technical Skills:
o Evaluation of innovative ideas and business models
o Technologies management and gaps recovery planning
o Business and technology intelligence
o Definition of complex technology and business alliances
o Open Innovation mechanisms
• Preferred Career Experience:
o Managerial roles in Technology areas
o Experience in innovation and new business implementation
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Ever wondered what the smart home of the future could be like? Watch this video about Electrolux’s take on what a fully connected smart home could offer the consumer: http://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/electrolux-design-explores-the-smart-home-of-the-future-23769/ .