IoT Integration Manager North America
Charlotte, North Carolina
The IoT Integration NA Manager will be leading a team of SW engineers in integrating and developing innovative electronic for connected consumer appliances. The focus areas are wireless connectivity, networking of applications and appliances in the Electrolux appliance product portfolio, cloud based applications and interactions. As an integral member of the Global Connectivity & Technology (GC&T) team, the successful candidate will provide the technical leadership and expertise in executing IoT development from conceptualization through production and across all product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure that all the development and integration of connectivity in NA is done in full alignment with Electrolux global strategy and guide lines for connectivity
- Maintain and develop a high level of alignment with technology partners, advanced purchasing, product lines and the global technologyorganization
- Work and collaborate in an international environment with multiple global and regional product teams, competence centers and experts. Build and maintain internal- and external networks (e.g. external suppliers, institutes, universities etc.).
- Responsible for development activities for assigned connected appliances, wireless communication devices and mobile applications, ensuring meeting defined targets for cost, quality, performance and time to market.
- Contributes to, and works with roadmap planning and software architecture development, translate user requirements into specific technical solutions and define and lock down product-, and module features during the planning phase.
- Responsible for the technical excellence of the team including recruiting, mentoring, and retaining top talent
- Innovate, and continuously improve SW development methods and practices.
- Manage day to day activities of the team to deliver high quality code on a short and dynamic schedule, while making risk assessments and implementing risk mitigation plans.
- Lead engineering team, suppliers and other partners to establish product development timeline and milestones.
- Manage and track program schedules, technical issues, product/module cost, risks and priorities.
- Lead and drive team, suppliers and manufacturing partners to meet program schedules, deliverables and quality criteria according to program milestones.
- Provide regular status communication to cross functional and executive teams.
- MSc. Or equivalent degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent field. Candidates with a BSc degree in combination with additional relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum seven years of broad and relevant software and firmware development experience and five years of management or leadership experience.
- Object oriented architecture design and programming in Java or .NET. Familiarity with MVC is a plus.
- Experience in development of applications for mobile devices and markets (iOS, Android and Windows).
- Experience with multiple operating systems, from FreeRTOS to embedded Linux.
- Computer networks, networking, TCP/IP protocols, socket communication and restful APIs
- Computer networks, networking and TCP/IP protocols, M2M information and communications technology, in-home router industry standards and design/implementation (MoCA, IPv4/IPv6, IPsec, QoS, 802.11).
- Databases, database programming, both SQL and non-SQL
- Software testing and validation techniques.
- Design/programming experience using assembly language and C/C++ embedded software.
- Experience with 32bit Cortex, Microchip PIC, Freescale and other microprocessors, DSP’s and development environments/tools.
- Experience with communication buses, e.g. I2C, SPI, TCPIP, CAN bus etc., Ethernet controllers and various display technologies, e.g. LCD, TFT, OLED, touch panels etc.
- Strong experience from developing communication systems, wired e.g. UARTs, Ethernet and wireless e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, WiMAX and Cellular.
- Experience in working inside connectivity alliances (AllSeen, OCF..) and standardization body (AHAM).
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for connectivity (UL…)
- Experienced working in an Agile SW development environment and with corresponding issue tracking tools. Knowledge of Atlassin suite is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Committed to technical excellence.
- Team oriented and pro-active mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Dynamic and open minded, self-starter, self-motivator and highly adaptable.
- Position will require some international travel.