Laboratory Test Engineer
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
Join our global R&D laboratory and test most innovative appliances.
Work hand in hand with an international community of brilliant engineers. Travel across the globe! Exchange ideas. Create connected appliances for smart home of the future!
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
As a Laboratory Test Engineer, your mission will be to support the Electrolux Small Appliances organization in the development of new products and maintenance of existing products which includes creating, evaluating, verifying and improving technical solutions and products.
Your typical day of work will be to perform tests on appliances or components, interpret and follow up on test results according to agreed instructions. Plus you will use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. As a Laboratory Test Engineer, you need to work in very close cooperation with Production Department, Quality Department, Engineering Office, Product Care and within the team of Laboratory.
Your focus will be to:
• Develop and improve technical solutions for vacuum cleaners as well as other small appliances
• Assure that technically feasible, well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product, and selected solutions are based on cross-functional input and agreed with the Project Manager
• Perform test according to IEC standards, national and internal regulations
• Create technical documentation and test reports to make sure that these are updated and available for other functions
• Investigate, analyze and solve quality problems with proposals
• Report progress, risks and deviation to plans to the solid line Manager and/or the Project Manager/Test Leader
• Evaluate test results, identify and reports actions to fulfill the specification
• Support other functions with product know-how
• Support factory processes (e.g. pre-series supervision, new product ramp-up supervision, etc.)
• Translate knowledge from testing into proposals for improvements
• Design test set-ups and test verifications to evaluate new and existing solutions in our products
• Prepare to travel abroad especially to within Hungary and Sweden 1 – 2 times a year
• Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should like to work in groups as well as on your own.
• Proactive. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux departments on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are keys for making projects run smoothly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in testing or engineering. We are open to
• Some product knowledge of vacuum cleaners, small domestic appliances or similar mass produced products with many parts
• Good knowledge of MS Office
Hungarian – fluent
English - good both in writing and speaking.
Please kindly submit your CV in English.