Layout and Simulation Specialist
Location : Springfield, TN
Identify and implement improvement activities that result in reduced planning and implementation time for new manufacturing lines and process layouts. The successful candidate will work closely with manufacturing engineering (plant, sector and global) and R&D on new and existing products & manufacturing processes.
This position will produce models and simulations to evaluate processes and product assembly prior to implementation. Typical deliverables: Reduction of planning time for new manufacturing line layouts due to drawing definition and standards for Electrolux. Support of all manufacturing processes design and improvement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the planning and design of manufacturing processes for new products and improving existing manufacturing methods.
- Development and creation of a standard workplace tool box catalog in 3D / Line Designer
- Support implementation of digital process design and process simulation using Line Designer and Process Simulate
- Standardization of assembly workplaces and sequences for key models based on full modularized developed platforms
- Development and creation of a standard workplace tool box catalog in 3D
-Development and preparation of optimized line layouts
-Compare, align and improve this results with existing data
-Determinate and implement next steps to drive further assembly process automation projects
-Ensure compliance with safety and ergonomic regulations
-Provide support for R&D in development projects and updates
- Drive the common design of assembly lines for Food Preparation
- Ensure compliance with safety and ergonomic regulations on new layout for workstations
- Support Sector / Local ME in new Projects for Layout creation
- Provide support for R&D in development projects and updates
- Support training programs in global rollout for Line Designer
- 1 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment (Co-Op & Intern experience qualifies)
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree(preferred)
- Associates degree (2yr degree minimum)
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD (2D, 3D)
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Experience in manufacturing environment in areas such as Assembly, Packaging and Fabrication
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment.
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities