Lead Backend Developer - Java / Node.js
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It is about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Join our global team of IoT ecosystem creators.
Lead Backend Developer - Java / Node.js
Times are really exciting at Electrolux. Technology and digital is fundamentally changing our business. Internet of Things, or Connected Appliances as we like to call it, offers fantastic opportunities to engage with our consumers in a brand new way. It is the foundation and enabler for new business models and offerings. We are creating best in class consumer experiences in the areas of Taste, Care and Wellbeing. This is done by leveraging our direct interactions with the consumer, the connected appliance and the big data it generates.
We have created a global team called Global Connectivity & Technology, which is responsible for the development of our ecosystem for Connected Appliances. We are now looking to expand our capacity and capability by establishing a new team in St Petersburg.
The St Petersburg office is in a build-up phase and will play a significant role in our development of new services going forward. The team we are putting together will have full, end-to-end responsibility for selected features in our platform. You will be working closely with the rest of our team, primarily in Stockholm but also in Italy and other locations around the world.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
We are putting together a team of about 10 people. It will be a group of "T-shaped" developers who create together an amazing team and capability. Although we are looking for people with certain specialties, we also expect everyone to be engaged in every aspect of software lifecycle management to some extent.
• As a developer you will be part of a large team with the responsibility to develop and maintain micro services serving as the backend for connected Electrolux appliances
• The microservices are deployed as Docker container and is built using Node.js or Java. It's required that you have extensive experience in one of these languages but it's highly preferred that you have some knowledge of both
• You will work closely with app developer that are the main consumers of the API but there will also be cloud2cloud integration with 3rd party vendors.
• We expect you to take an active leading role for the Russian team. You should be communicative and open about sharing knowledge, help junior developers integrate and perform on the best level.
• You love working according to agile principles and have some experience in doing so
• You are passionate about creating excellent consumer experiences and prefer that this drives the way the product is developed
• Team player. You enjoy working with smart and you have approachability and capability to give and receive constructive feedback and advices.
• Proactive and open-minded. You willing to work in a global multicultural organization
• You have previous experience from integrating software with hardware in an IoT like way is a merit but not a requirement
EDUACTION AND EXPERIENCE
• 6+ years of development in Java and/or Node.js
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Experience with relational databases
• Experience with REST services
• Experience using Test Driven Development
• Experience using Continuous Delivery practices
• Knowledge using development tools such as issue tracking systems, versioning platforms, etc....
• Comfortable working in an Agile environment
• Understanding of how product development works in a manufacturing company is beneficial
• Your education is probably in engineering and you have at least six years real life experience as a software developer, preferably in an international setting.
• Since our corporate group language is English, we need you to be very comfortable communicating verbally and in writing. All communication and documentation is in English.
• Able to travel to Stockholm Sweden and Italy
GREAT TO HAVE
• Experience in creating Jenkins job for build automation
• Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket
• For Java developers: Spring boot, Gradle
• Linux, Docker, Kubernetes