Lean Continuous Improvement Leader North America
The Lean Continuous Improvement Leader NA is a key leadership position for Electrolux Major Appliances, North America. The position is responsible for the implementation of the Electrolux Manufacturing System (EMS) and Materials Excellence Program (MEP) across the assigned product lines and or plants. This position reports to the EMS Director for NA and will support the VP Operations. Key areas of support will be in the implementation of EMS and MEP Principles, Tools, Techniques, Systems, and EMS Way leadership behaviors to achieve operational and cultural excellence.
The Lean Continuous Improvement Leader NA is responsible for engaging and coaching all levels of plant management to define and drive EMS/MEP including the coordination of stability, process improvement and culture change through CIP workshops and gear projects directly linked to plant level KPI’s to achieve plant goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Considering sector and global alignment, ensure EMS and MEP activities support and drive the key plant KPI performance objectives
- Lead the education and deployment of Lean methodologies, change management, and team facilitation practices
- Drive permanent changes in culture to ensure continuous improvement in safety, cost, quality, service, people and working capital.
- Identify operational performance gaps and initiate solution support, tracking EMS and MEP objectives to sector and product family plan objectives
- Drive objective goal setting and attainment of product family metrics on a consistent basis
- Support plant management to achieve EMS Site certification and EMS people certification objectives
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships to improve processes within the product family and ensure balance of cost, quality, service, and people while implementing EMS and MEP principles.
- Provide hands-on root cause analysis and problem-solving to focus and direct improvement activities utilizing EMS, MEP and other lean tools and methods to close business gaps while managing organizational change
- Support High-Performance Team deployment and create synergies between HPT and Lean implementation
- Conduct periodic EMS and MEP Assessments to identify
currentstate of system maturity and develop roadmaps for advancement across the assigned plants and NA region.
- Leverage best practices within Electrolux and
- B.S. in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering, Masters preferred
- Lean manufacturing experience required; certification preferred
- 5-7 years experience leading multi-site lean implementation including 5S, Waste Elimination, Standard work, 5D Built-in Quality, Visual Management, Teamship, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, mixed model flow, Single Piece Flow, etc.
- Ability to travel 25-50%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possess a high sense of urgency with the ability to make and implement change
- Solid knowledge of EMS principles, tools, techniques, and Systems
- Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven facilitation skills to lead challenging teams of cross-functional personnel
- Strong bias for continual process improvement
- Leadership skills including problem-solving and results orientation with a business focus
- Ability to effectively lead and work under pressure
- Ability to process complex and linear thinking
- Exceptional project management abilities; experience in leading multiple large improvement projects simultaneously
- Superior mental agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex issues
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards