Maintenance MRO Buyer
Anderson, South Carolina
The MRO Buyer will be responsible for buying MRO materials and services for the manufacturing plant.
The MRO Buyer plans, directs, and manages the procurement & distribution of all materials used in employee supplies, and CBRE building maintenance. This includes tooling, resources, spare parts, operating supplies, and services. They will request proposals and quotes from new or current suppliers for new or current products and services. In addition, will pre-qualify new suppliers based on new or current products and makes recommendations to the Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Design and Quality Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position ensures quality/ continuity of supply while minimizing total cost. Interaction with
- Receiving, Inventory and related resources required to minimize lost / misuse of material or any associated cost
- Plan, execute, and provides purchase requisitions and purchase orders to suppliers for materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective manner, while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications met.
- Procure current and new inventory items based on demand, MRP information, lead-time, price, and supplier availability. Monitors delivery of the orders placed.
- Manage day to day operations of the Facilities Tool Crib and supervise the Tool Crib Attendants
Maintains Supplier Database
- Collaborates with local and corporate purchasing on procurement strategies to show savings
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Associates Degree with 5 years of experience in a Buyer role in lieu of Bachelor's Degree required
- 3 years' experience of practical on-the-job experience in a procurement role within a manufacturing environment