Anderson, South Carolina
The Maintenance Planner works with the Maintenance Manager in developing and scheduling maintenance programs and processes for the production facility to minimize impact on production. The Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning maintenance work orders, the repairs, servicing and efficient functioning of all machinery and equipment in the facility. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with a desire to make continuous improvements to all maintenance tasks and other maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for processing and scheduling of all work orders, gaining approval and any engineering input that may be required. Examines and determines best way to accomplish work order, obtains any drawings, and checks for availability of parts.
- Estimates steps to be taken, man hours and number of mechanics required and lists materials for special equipment needed for completion of the work order
- Plans parts for all projects to increase “wrench time” and maximize efficiency. Compiles information into a job package that is ready for execution – clearly communicates with technicians regarding critical steps in the process.
- Maintaining records integrity to include Bill of Material (BOM) updates, equipment text updates, and equipment repair history.
- Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc., in support of continuous improvement of Reliability
- Distribute weekly Preventative Maintenance work orders (cleaning, lubrication, adjustments, inspections, small repairs, replace materials/parts).
- Developing detailed job plans/packets for a work order, including: job description; sequence of activities; estimates of crafts and hours; methods; materials and parts; digital camera photos; sketches; tools and drawings.
- 3 or more years of experience in a maintenance planning or related role
- Associates Degree in Technical or a related field. Equivalent experience in maintenance planning in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical maintenance work processes, preventative and predictive, maintenance activities, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work additional hours as needed including weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or a related field
- Highly skilled in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software